Elsie Arntzen is Montana's Superintendent of Public Instruction
September 28, 2020
The OPI hopes that your fall semester is going well and that families and educators are healthy! Thank you for your dedication to ensuring that schools can safely reopen for academic success to continue. As we navigate these uncertain circumstances, the OPI is here to serve families, schools, and communities. Please continue to stay in touch and let us know how we can be of service.
As a reminder, the Reopening Montana Schools webpage will continue to be the best place to find the latest information from the OPI.
2021 Montana Teacher of the Year
Kristi Borge from Polaris has been named Montana’s 2021 Teacher of the Year. Congratulations, Kristi! Mrs. Borge is the lead K-8 teacher in Polaris’ one-room schoolhouse. She will go on to represent Montana in the National Teacher of the Year program. You can learn more about Kristi here.
College Application Week
The OPI is partnering with the Montana University System again this year to promote College Application Week which is September 28-October 2nd. Superintendent Arntzen and Commissioner Christian have sent a letter to all high schools encouraging students to visit ApplyMontana.org to access the new free applications for any MUS campus.
Superintendent’s Office September Events
- Board of Land Commissioners meeting
- Education Interim Committee meeting
- Meeting with Billings SROs and administrators
- Weekly meeting with the Governor’s senior staff
- Visit with Polaris school leaders and students
- Safe and Drug-Free Schools Roundtable
- Constitution Day program
- Meeting with Ravalli County SROs and administrators
- Board of Public Education meeting
- Zoom calls with school administrators and education partners