Elsie Arntzen is Montana's Superintendent of Public Instruction
May 22, 2020
The OPI wants to thank Montana’s teachers, school leaders, parents, and students for going above and beyond to successfully complete the 2019-2020 school year. To our Class of 2020 graduates, You have accomplished great things that have made your family, community, and our state proud. Your graduations will look different this year, but that doesn’t diminish the value of your diploma or sense of self-accomplishment. As you look forward to your future, do so with optimism. View Superintendent Arntzen’s full graduation message on the OPI’s YouTube page.
- Superintendent Arntzen has created two task forces to provide guidance and resources for families, educators, and schools as they look towards the new school year. MT Learn 2020 is made up of parents, students, teachers, and community members to look at ways to support non-traditional learning. MT Flex 2020 is made up of school administrators and education associations to look at flexibilities needed in state and federal rules and statutes. Learn more on the OPI’s website.
- To view the latest updates and press releases from the OPI, DPHHS, the Governor’s Office, and other state agencies visit this LINK.
- For updates related to COVID-19 visit this LINK (being revamped to “Re-Opening Montana schools”)
- Be sure to sign up for the OPI’s newsletters at this LINK.
- Summer math and reading resources for families can be found HERE.
- The OPI and the family of Jordana Hubble invite all K-8 students to participate in a bus safety digital poster contest! The purpose is to recognize the issues surrounding school bus safety and to honor Jordana as she recovers from injuries sustained due to a driver failing to yield to a stopped school bus. Learn more HERE.
Enjoy your summer! The OPI is here to continue serving Montanans over the summer and we look forward to a successful opening of the fall semester, even if it does look a little different.