Elsie Arntzen is Montana's Superintendent of Public Instruction
June 24, 2020
The OPI wants to thank Montana’s teachers, school leaders, parents, and students for going above and beyond to successfully complete the 2019-2020 school year. To our Class of 2020 graduates, You have accomplished great things that have made your family, community, and our state proud. Your graduations will look different this year, but that doesn’t diminish the value of your diploma or sense of self-accomplishment. As you look forward to your future, do so with optimism. View Superintendent Arntzen’s full graduation message on the OPI’s YouTube page.
- Guidance for reopening Montana schools this fall will be coming out on July 2nd. Check the OPI’s website for the latest information. Additionally, the OPI is revamping our kindergarten readiness information which will also be available in June.
- UPSTART offers free, online kindergarten readiness programs for families in Montana. We have 53 children signed up and need a total of 200 by August. You can find more information HERE.
- Summer math and reading resources for families can be found HERE.
Enjoy your summer! The OPI is here to continue serving Montanans over the summer and we look forward to a successful opening of the fall semester, even if it does look a little different.
Superintendent’s Office June Zoom Events
- Board of Land Commissioners (in-person)
- Council of Chief State School Officers COVID-19 meetings
- Education Superhighway E-Rate meetings
- Montana State Library Commission
- Reopening Montana Schools Task Forces
- Montana School Safety Advisory Committee
- Board of Regents
- State Administration and Veterans Affairs Committee
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission
- Legislative Finance Committee
- Education Interim Committee
For more information, contact Dylan Klapmeier, 406-444-3559.