December 1, 2018
Montana Students, Parents, Educators, and Communities,
With the fall school semester quickly coming to a close, the OPI wishes you all the best this holiday season and in the new year! Please stay safe during winter break and we look forward to serving you in 2019.
The OPI is hosting a school safety summit at 2:30pm on Monday, January 7th in the Old Supreme Court Chambers of the Capitol Building. The purpose is to provide legislators with a variety of perspectives on school safety as the 2019 Legislative Session kicks off. A panel consisting of large schools, small schools, tribal schools, and law enforcement will discuss best practices and then there will be an opportunity for dialogue. The event is open to the public.
Proposed Education Budgets and Legislation
A comparison of the OPI’s proposed budget to the Governor’s proposed budget along with the OPI’s legislative priorities can be found on the OPI’s website: http://opi.mt.gov/Leadership/Finance-Grants/Legislative-Updates.
The OPI is posting our external events on the state’s public calendar.
OPI Email Subscriptions
To subscribe to various OPI email listserves, click this link: http://opi.mt.gov/Educators/OPI-Communication
Superintendent’s November Events
- Meetings with the DNRC regarding Land Board proposals
- Presentation to the Montana Advisory Council on Indian Education (MACIE)
- ACT Conference
- Meeting with the Montana World Affairs Council
- Conference with the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO)
- Meetings with Education Northwest
- Conference with the Education Commission of the States
- Meeting with the new Budget Director
- Recurring Land Board, Education Advocates, Board of Regents, and Board of Public Education meetings