2021 Legislative Priorities
- BASE Aid plus inflation
- Adding special education to BASE Aid plus inflation
- Fund in-state residential treatment for at-risk students
- Transfer the Broadband for Montana Schools program from the Department of Commerce to the Office of Public Instruction
Program 9 (funding to schools) comparison
Program 6 (state-level activities) comparison
Federal COVID-19 Waivers
- Summer Food Service Program: extended through Summer 2021.
- Report Card: still required for available data points
- Assessment: ED has not made a decision on spring standardized assessments. The OPI is pursuing a waiver or determining how local interim data could be used instead
- The OPI continues to advocate an extension of the CRF deadline while encouraging the Governor to allocate additional funds to education.