Proposed Rule Changes
- Hazard and Emergency Response (ARM 10.55.701): The Montana Hazard and Emergency Response Plans Negotiated Rulemaking Committee proposes a new Rule/Rule amendment language for ARM 10.55 Standards of Accreditation. Additional information can be found HERE.
- School Accreditation Process (ARM 10.55.606): The Montana Accreditation Process Negotiated Rulemaking Committee proposes a new Rule/Rule amendment language for ARM 10.55 Standards of Accreditation. Additional information can be found HERE.
- Student Assessment (ARM 10.56.101) The Student Assessment Negotiated Rulemaking Committee proposes a new Rule/Rule amendment language for ARM 10.56 Statewide Assessment. Additional information can be found HERE.
- Content Standards Revisions: The OPI is beginning the process of updating the K-12 Content Standards for Social Studies, Career and Technical Education, Computer Science, Technology, and Library Media. Public input and participation are welcome. Additional information can be found HERE.
Public Comment/Public Hearing Notices
- Perkins V: The public is welcome to participate in two public hearings, April 17th and May 20th, from 6 to 8pm, to discuss changes to the “Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V). Locations:
- Missoula - Missoula College River Campus, 1205 E. Broadway, Room 122
- Havre - MSU Northern, 300 13th Street West, Brockmann 202
- Bozeman - Gallatin College East, 705 Osterman Drive
- Kalispell - Flathead Valley Community College, 777 Grandview Dr, Arts & Technology Building Room 203
- Butte - Highlands College, 25 Basin Creek Rd, Room 119
- Billings - City College, 3803 Central Ave, Health Sciences Building Room 117
- Pablo - Salish Kootenai College , 58138 US-93, Stevenson Building Room 115
- Helena - Helena College, 2300 Airport Rd, Lecture Hall
- Great Falls - Great Falls College, 2100 16th Ave S, Room B136
- Content Standards Revisions:
DUE MAY 3: Accepting applications for committees for the upcoming revision process
The Content Standards and Instruction Division is accepting applications for revision teams to work on revising the following standards:
- Library Media - Information Literacy
- Computer Science
- Social Studies
- Career and Technical Education
Visit the Montana Content Standards Revision website to learn about the standards. The application to be part of a revision team is also found on the website.
Revision Work Sessions (Helena)
July 24-26, 2019: Social Studies, Career and Technical Education/Workplace Competencies
July 31 - August 2, 2019: Computer Science, Technology, Library Media
Selected team members will receive renewal units. Lodging at state rate reimbursed and meals provided for the summer work sessions. Some follow up work will be conducted via online meetings.