Our Montana Comprehensive Assessment System (MontCAS) is carefully designed to help all stakeholders in Montana provide the best possible equal, fair, and quality education for our Montana students. The Montana Assessment Roadmap
outlines the entire process and suite of what our statewide assessment provides for eductaion in Montana.
- Tools for Teachers- Teacher created lesson plans aligned to our MT standards for math and ELA grades 3-12. Includes Formative Assessment Teacher resources and strategies. Provides next steps after administering Interim Assessments with Connections Playlists.
- SmART Smarter Balanced Annotated Response Tool- Better understand how student writing is scored on Smarter Balanced assessments and support writing instruction in your school or classroom. Browse a range of response types, explore interactive scoring rationales and rubrics, and practice scoring on your own or with colleagues.
- Smarter Balanced Content Explorer Site: Learn more about Smarter Balanced's blueprints, claims, targets, standards, and sample items.
SBAC Interim Assessments- grades 3-12
Learn more about ELA Summative Assessments on the Statewide Assessment Page:
Smarter Balanced Resources: Montana
MontCAS Testing Portal
Spotlight: EdReady Montana English Support
EdReady Montana has been serving schools in Montana now for the last 2 years to help students become critical readers and effective writers, for standardized test prep, and supplementing classroom ELA instruction. In that time, we’ve worked with hundreds of schools and teachers. We are here to help educators who are asking important questions as they emerge from the past year and a half of dealing with interruptions to their teaching and student learning and are starting to ask the following question…
How can I use EdReady English to tackle preparing students for ACT, College English readiness as well as shoring up student’s skills for writing across the curriculum?
The team at EdReady Montana is ready to help you with any of the following solutions:
- this Spring to bridge the gap to next year and help avoid erosion of English skills or prepare students for college-level reading and writing.
- this Summer to address gaps in learning and prepare for their next level of English.
- next Fall to efficiently identify gaps and weaknesses then help teachers supplement instruction by utilizing resources within the program to address them.
- More than one or all of the above?
Not only is the program available online to serve a variety of access needs for students and teachers, but our team of Montana educators is here to help you plan, set-up, adopt and efficiently implement the program. Remember that all professional development can also be used for CEUs. Contact us today and we can work together to help get you going this spring, summer or have you ready to go on day one of next fall!
Fill out this online form to set up a time to learn more!
Visit the EdReady Montana website to read about how others are using the program or contact them email@example.com | 406-203-1812 for more information.
Find a Book MetaMetrics Reading Challenge
Find a Book is a free, fun and easy way to identify books based on a child's reading level (Lexile© measure) and interests. Find a Book has over 300,000 titles, making it the perfect tool to keep your child reading all summer long.
How it Works:
- Go to Find a Book & enter your child's lexile measure or grade level.
- Pick books that match the child's interests.
- View & refine the search results to create the perfect book list for your child!
Summer Reading Challenge Flyer • Summer Reading Challenge Spanish Flyer
More Reading Challenges & Resources
Summer Reading Program at Your Public Library - Library Directory
Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge
Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program
ACT Academy: ACT Academy offers free summer math and English activities for grades 3-12.
For more summer learning opportunities for students, please visit the Summer Learning Opportunities page