Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic and waived testing requirements for the 2019-2020 school year, and the Accountability Waiver graded for the 2020-2021 school year, Montana's ESSA 2020-2021 reports cards are different from previous school report cards.
- There are no new Accountability Designations, the 2018-2019 Accountability Designations are being used.
- All fields that require comparison of two years of testing data - i.e. goals and student growth - are excluded due to lack of two consecutive years of assessment data for all assessments that were not administered in the 2019 - 2020 academic year.
- All fields that require testing data from spring of 2020 - i.e. the ACT data used for College Readiness purposes - are excluded due to lack of assessment data from 2020.
- For more information, please see the March 2020 Waiver Notification Letter from U.S. Department of Education
The following elements are available on Montana's 2020-2021 report cards:
- School Demographics (address & phone, grades served and enrollment)
- Accountability Designations from the 2018-2019 school year
- Statewide student assessment performance and English Learning progress
- Student Achievement Progress Scores (graduation rates only)
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) Scores from the 2018-2019 school year – State Report Card Only
- Post-secondary enrollment at institutions within the Montana University System
- School Attendance
- Educator Qualifications
- Comprehensive School Improvement Fund - State Report Card Only
- Per-Pupil Expenditures, please visit the ESSA and Per-Pupil Expenditures Page for detailed information.
- School Quality, Climate, and Safety (Montana Civil Rights Data Collection from 2017-2018, the latest available)