Montana State Approving Agency (SAA) Veterans Education
The State Approving Agency (SAA) was established to ensure that Veterans or eligible dependents can use the GI Bill in an approved educational program. The primary function of the Montana SAA is to review, evaluate, and approve quality educational and training programs for Veterans' benefits.
- Institutions of higher learning—colleges and universities.
- Montana University System, Private Colleges
- Non-degree institutions—vocational and technical schools.
- Outfitter/Guide Schools, Cosmetology, Commercial Driver’s License, Massage Therapy, etc.
- Apprenticeship programs.
- Electrician, Plumber, Diesel Mechanic, etc.
- On-the-Job training programs.
- Police Officer, Office Jobs
- Flight schools
The Montana SAA reviews programs relative to the state's standards and laws in addition to the Department of Veteran's Affairs (DVA) rules, regulations and other applicable laws. Programs are either approved or disapproved. Continuous supervision is required of approved programs. There are over 150 facilities currently approved in Montana for Veterans' educational benefits.
For more information regarding our Veterans Education Program, please contact John Stankowiak, Veterans Education Program Manager, at 406.444.4122 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org