New Indian Education For All Hub Course!
- This course provides a step-by-step overview of The Framework: A Practical Guide for MT Teachers and Administrators Implementing Indian Education for All (IEFA). This course will help all educators in understanding how to carefully integrate IEFA practices across curriculum areas in classrooms, schools, and districts.
Developed by Dr. Tammy Elser in partnership with the Salish Kootenai College (SKC). Sign up for the course.
AN INTRODUCTION TO INDIAN EDUCATION FOR ALL IN MONTANA
- An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana provides a basic foundation for implementing Indian Education for All (IEFA) in your classroom. IEFA offers students an opportunity to meet academic standards in multiple content areas and grade levels as they learn about the distinct and unique cultures and heritages of American Indians.
Created by Mike Jetty, OPI Indian Education Specialist. Sign up for the course.
INDIAN EDUCATION FOR ALL BEST PRACTICES CONFERENCE
- Save the Date May 3-5, 2020: Fourteenth Annual Indian Education for All Best Practices, Montana State University Billings
- The Indian Education Division at the Office of Public Instruction is soliciting nominations for an important opportunity – the 9th Advocacy Award for Excellence in Indian Education for All, in honor of one of Montana’s finest educators, Teresa Veltkamp. Teresa was a classroom teacher and Indian Education Specialist at the Office of Public Instruction who was passionate and inspirational in her efforts to ensure and support the highest levels of implementation of Indian Education for All in Montana. If you know someone that may be perfect for this award, please nominate them: Advocacy Award Nominations
- The theme for our 14th Annual Indian Education for All Best Practices Conference is Indigenizing Education in Montana. We are seeking exciting and well written proposals that emphasize the Montana American Indian perspective across the curriculum. Though a wide variety of proposals in all subject areas will be accepted, special attention will be given to elementary, mathematics, early literacy - be creative and come share your knowledge with us! Presentation times will be 60-75 minutes in length. If you are interested in being a presenter, please fill out the following: Call for Proposals. Presenters will receive free conference registration.
- Registration opens mid-January.
- There is a block of rooms for May 3-4 at $109 at the DoubleTree Billings. To reserve your rooms call 406-252-7400 and ask for the OPI block. This block releases on April 12, 2020.