The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) is a USDA-funded program that provides free
fresh fruits and vegetables to children in participating elementary schools throughout the
The goal of the FFVP is to:
- Create healthier school environments by providing healthier food choices.
- Expand the variety of fruits and vegetables children experience.
- Increase children’s fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Create an opportunity to provide nutrition education.
- Positively influence children's life-long eating habits.
USDA Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Webpage