Plan to join The Arc in Bellevue, WA on Seattle’s East side for the 2013 National Convention from August 3-5 where we’ll be Achieving Momentum in the movement for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Come to Washington to discover new information, new programs, new technology, and new ways for you to keep moving forward toward your goals as well! Join hundreds of other individuals, families, advocates, experts and professionals in the field for three days of informative sessions, unique events and opportunities to connect, including:
- NEW! Acclaimed author Buzz Bissinger will be our keynote speaker discussing his new book about being a parent of a child with I/DD,Father's Day.
- Cutting-edge technology demonstrations – discover the latest technology innovations from organizations like Verizon, Microsoft and more – and examples of creative ways chapters of The Arc are using assistive technology.
- Dozens of sessions focused on supporting self-advocacy, cultural diversity, building our grassroots network, using technology and innovations in family support, plus an in-depth session of FASD and true stories of how chapters attract and keep young members.
- A vibrant Marketplace with goods and services catering to you including The Arc Store and Entrepreneur Alley which spotlights microbusinesses run by individuals with I/DD.
- Meet-and-greet events just for self-advocates and siblings hosted by The Arc’s National Council of Self Advocates and National Sibling Council.
- Two preconferences dedicated to going in-depth and encouraging action on the topics of leadership and self-advocacy respectively.