There are five goals for this workshop.
1. Learn a variety of evidence-based strategies and techniques for working with children with ASD, including video modeling, role playing, visual supports, peer mediation, task analysis, social narratives, self-management, prompting, and contingent behavioral reinforcement.
2. Be exposed to a number of social skills interventions that are available and compare the effectiveness of those interventions.
3. Understand how to develop individual and group goals that will meet state-standards.
4. Understand various data-collection techniques for formative and summative evaluation.
5. Develop present levels of performance, goals and lesson plans to meet individualized and group needs.
This full-day workshop will be conducted by Anisa Goforth, PhD, NCSP and Jennifer Closson, MS CCC-SLP from the University of Montana.