After asking parents on two rather substantially large discussion groups, here are the most recommended books by parents and autistic individuals alike:
- Born on a Blue Day: Synaesthesia, severe autism and living a normal life? Here is how...
- The Autism Revolution: Some great tips on living life to the fullest while staying happy and healthy.
- The Reason I Jump: Great for young adults and parents of autistic children in understanding the world of living on the spectrum.
- Learning to Dance in the Rain: A year in the life of a mother of an autistic child. A beautiful story that gives much to the readers in terms of education, enlightenment and simple hope.
- The Spark: A mother's efforts which helped a severely autistic child flourish into a genius provides hope for others facing similar situations.