UPDATED! 7th Annual IEFA Best Practices Conference - Feb. 25-26, 2013 in Helena
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
By Julie Saylor
7TH ANNUAL IEFA BEST PRACTICES CONFERENCE – February 25-26, 2013 Red Lion Colonial Inn, Helena
“Local Heritage, Cultures and Landscapes of Montana: Using Sense of Place to Implement Indian Education for All Across the Curriculum.”
The 7th Annual Indian Education for All Best Practices Conference is just around the corner!
REGISTER AND BOOK YOUR ROOM!!!
Conference Registration IS OPEN NOW AND WILL BE ONLINE ONLY.
Registration will be $35 until February 8. After February 8, registration will be $50.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK THE IEFA HOT TOPICS PAGE FOR FURTHER CONFERENCE UPDATES.
· Keynote Speaker is best-selling author, James Loewen.
· The 2nd Advocacy Award for Excellence in IEFA will be presented. If you have someone you would like to NOMINATE, please see the details.
· We are delighted that our Cultural Continuum this year - Monday, Feb. 25, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm – will include many poets from our new Birthright: Born to Poetry curriculum.
· A block of rooms has been reserved at a special rate of $83+tax at the Red Lion Colonial Hotel until January 25, 2013. Make your reservation by calling 406-443-2100 and asking for the IEFA Best Practices group rate.
· Please keep in mind that the Montana legislature will be in session here in Helena, so make your reservations early.