WE WANT YOU! Teaching with Primary Sources Program Apply Now for Next Fall
Monday, April 11, 2011
By Julie Saylor
We’re looking for a Few Good Teachers…
To join fellow teachers and academic and public historians, including MHS staff, to gain a greater understanding of Montana history while exploring how using primary sources can improve student learning.
· Receive a travel stipend and scholarship to attend the Montana History Conference, No Ordinary Time: War, Resistance, and the Montana Experience, Missoula, September 22-24, 2011
· Receive a travel stipend to attend the Montana History Day Competition, Helena, April 2012
· Gain in-depth training and ongoing support for integrating primary sources into the classroom
· Connect with other teachers engaged in inquiry learning
· Earn OPI Renewal Units
· Receive money to reimburse their school for paying a substitute
Please consider applying for this exciting new program: “Teaching with Primary Sources: War, Resistance and the Montana Experience.” Applications are due May 15, 2011.
More information here: http://mhs.mt.gov/education/ConferencesWorkshops.asp. Please share widely with your colleagues!