Please check your TRT data and reports to view your readiness status. Minimum system requirements are “turned on” in the TRT, enabling districts to quickly see the readiness status for devices, bandwidth and computer:student ratios. http://techreadiness.net
To request a TRT account, visit http://techreadiness.net and click on “request account.”
If you have questions, please contact the Montana State Readiness Coordinator (SRC) Colet Bartow, (406) 444-3583, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW! Managing Existing Device Data Instruction Sheet
Use this instruction sheet if you want to update device information that you have previously uploaded or entered into the TRT.
For Your Interest
Updates on the Smarter Balanced Technology can be found at: http://www.smarterbalanced.org/smarter-balanced-assessments/technology/
Hardware and Operating Systems Infographic http://www.smarterbalanced.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Hardware-Operating-Systems-Infographic.pdf
Bandwidth Check Instructions http://www.smarterbalanced.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Bandwidth-Check-Instructions.pdf
The Technology Readiness Tool documents current capacity and compares that to the technology that will be needed to administer the new online assessments in four areas:
We would like to share with you some of the reasons why it is very important, and beneficial, for your district to add, and update, your data in the Technology Readiness Tool.
· Using the tool will help you to be better prepared when the assessments become available or if your district or school is piloting the assessments.
· Data from the tool can be used to inform budget conversations with your administration and board of trustees.
· You have immediate access to the reports related to your district's readiness.
· Using the tool will help you know if you comply with the testing specifications and if you don't, it will give you a benchmark to work toward.
· Using the tool will give you an accurate inventory of your computer devices, including the specifications of each. If you already have inventory information, it can easily be uploaded into the tool.
· Data from the tool can be incorporated into your technology planning documents.This is your opportunity to inform decisions that are being made at the state and national level that will directly impact your district's operations.