Class 4 Career and Technical Certification Areas
Video and Filmmaking
An instructor endorsed in Video and Filmmaking will have a working knowledge including all areas of video planning and implementation and exhibit expertise in the majority of the following areas:
- Specific Safety Practice – pertaining to video production and procedures.
- State and Local Fire Codes as pertaining to video production and auditoriums.
- Federal State and Local Electrical codes as pertaining to video production (especially for lighting and set practical).
- State and Local building codes as pertaining to set and construction and performer / audience safety.
- Knowledge of video crew hierarchy and structure.
- Blueprint / Plot / Plan reading.
- Video Carpentry / construction.
- Technical Direction.
- Knowledge of Basic Electronic Circuits and troubleshooting as pertaining to video signal chain, lights sets and sound systems.
- Camera operation and maintenance.
- Scripting / planning for video production.
- Video Lighting and safety.
- Teleprompter use.
- Video signal chain – studio and field.
- Audio techniques for video and post production.
- Be familiar with NTSC standards both analogue and digital.
- Scripting and Storyboarding.
- NLE and A/B roll editing.
- Portfolio and Resume design and preparation specific to Video Production.
If you have at least 10,000 hours (5 years or more) of experience including all or most of the skills listed above please complete the Class 4 application.
LICENSURE HOME CLASS 4 HOME