I am working as a teacher and I want to add a new endorsement. Is there any way I can teach in the area of my new endorsement while completing the coursework I need for my program?

You can add an endorsement through an internship or with a Class 5 provisional license. An internship is an agreement between your school, the college, and yourself. The internship is granted for one year and can be offered for 2 additional years as long as you are making adequate progress towards the completion of your program. A class 5 provisional license to add the endorsement would require you to work with a college to get a plan of study verifying that you meet admission requirements and can complete your endorsement program within three years. Both options allow you to teach while completing the program.

Renew, Update or Advance Home