I don’t live in Montana. How do I earn renewal units?

Educators licensed in Montana who are living out of state, and participate in another state’s validated professional development activities, other than college/university credit, may use these renewal unit activities when the intent and structure of the process assures the meeting or exceeding of Montana renewal unit requirements for licensure.

Also, educators who wish to participate in professional development activities offered by providers who have not been approved as a Montana renewal unit provider may apply for approval prior to beginning the program. Your application for pre-approval of the activity for renewal units will be evaluated individually to ensure it meets our standards for professional development. If approved, you will need to provide proof of completion of the activity to receive renewal units.