7TH IEFA BEST PRACTICES CONFERENCE - Call for Proposals and Registration!!!
Thursday, December 6, 2012
By Julie Saylor
7TH IEFA BEST PRACTICES CONFERENCE – February 25-26, 2013 Red Lion Colonial Inn, Helena
“Local Heritage, Cultures, and Landscapes of Montana: Using Sense of Place to Implement Indian Education for All Across the Curriculum.”
CALL FOR PROPOSALS AND REGISTRATION!!!
The 7th Annual Indian Education for All Best Practices Conference is just around the corner! There are a few changes we would like to share with you about registration and the call for proposals this year.
Both the Call for Proposals and Conference Registration ARE OPEN NOW AND WILL BE ONLINE ONLY.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS Application (Deadline January 9, 2013): http://www.keysurvey.com/f/435781/1560/
Registration will be $35 until February 8. After February 8, registration will be $50.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THE IEFA HOT TOPICS PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONFERENCE.
· Keynote Speaker is best-selling author, James Loewen.
· The 2nd Advocacy Award for Excellence in IEFA will be presented. If you have someone you would like to NOMINATE, please see the details.
· We are delighted that our Cultural Continuum this year - in the evening Monday, Feb. 25, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm – will include many poets from our new Birthright: Born to Poetry curriculum.
· A block of rooms has been reserved at a special rate of $83+tax at the Red Lion Colonial Hotel until January 25, 2013. Make your reservation by calling 406-443-2100 and asking for the IEFA Best Practices group rate.
· Please keep in mind that the Montana legislature will be in session here in Helena, so make your reservations early.