Office of the Superintendent
Seven Montana Teachers Achieve National Board Certification in 2010Monday, January 3, 2011, 5:13 pm
In December 2010, the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards awarded national certification to seven Montana teachers. National Board Certification is an intense, but extremely valuable professional development process, which involves an extensive series of performance-based assessments including teaching portfolios, student work samples, videotapes, and analyses of the teacher's classroom teaching and student learning.
The 2010 recipients are from Billings, Columbia Falls, Hardin and Anaconda. In the fall of 2011, these recipients will be eligible for a one-time stipend of $3000 each contingent on their remaining employed full-time in Montana public schools in 2011-12.
· Margaret Aukshun, Billings HS
· Sara Childers, Columbia Falls Elementary
· Katherine Cordes, Billings HS
· Rodney Gottula, Billings HS
· Margaret Kimmet, Hardin Elementary
· Charles McCurdy, Anaconda HS
· Lawrence McMullen, Billings HS
For more information, contact Madalyn Quinlan, Chief of Staff, 406-444-5643