School ElectionsMonday, April 1, 2013, 2:35 pm
Please take note of the following regular school election deadlines:
· April 2nd – Last day to file resolutions for school election with the county election administrator
· April 6th – Last day to notify election judges of appointment
· April 8th – Voter registration closes
· April 11th at 5:00 pm – Deadline for write-in candidates
· April 11th after 5:00 pm – Election by Acclamation and Cancellation of Election Notice (if the number of candidates is equal to or less than the number of open trustee positions)
· April 17th – Absentee ballots available
· May 7th – ELECTION DAY
For mail ballot elections, ballots are mailed between April 12th and April 22nd (all ballots must be mailed on the same day, with the exception of reactivated electors).
General Fund Levy – Legislative Years:
MCA 20-20-105 allows districts to conduct a special general fund levy election on a day other than the regular school election day in years when the legislature meets in regular or special session and school funding is affected. Districts may hold off requesting a general fund levy until after the election. However, districts should start planning for that election to ensure that deadlines are met. The OPI is available to help districts calculate deadlines for elections held on a day other than the regular school election day.
The Secretary of State’s office has issued a Voting System Examination Report of Findings for ES&S Unity version 3.4.00 that was recently tested and certified by the Secretary of State. The report can be accessed on the Secretary of State’s website.
For more information, contact Nicole Thuotte, (406) 444-4524