Educational Opportunity and Equity Division
Paraprofessional Certificate/Document Ready for UseMonday, October 31, 2011, 3:35 pm
The OPI Paraprofessional Consortium has developed a document/certificate for use by paraprofessionals and school districts state wide. The following information explains the purpose, location, and use of the new Paraprofessional Certificate/Document.
Paraprofessional Certificate/Document Information
Purpose of Document
- Provide a portable standardized document which recognizes that a paraprofessional has met the requirements as defined by NCLB.
- Developed by the OPI Paraprofessional Consortium to facilitate smooth transition for paraprofessionals from district to district in Montana.
- Efficiently allows Administrators and/or Human Resource Officers to verify qualifications to ensure compliance with NCLB.
How do you get to the document?
- The document can be downloaded from the OPI website in two locations:
- Programs-->CSPD-->Paraprofessional Resources
- Programs-->Title Programs-->Title I Programs-->Title I Part A-Improving Basic Programs-->Information and Guidance-->Paraprofessional Assessment
- Copies can be made of the document and distributed as best meets the needs of the employee or the district.
How is the Document used?
- Administrator or Human Resources officer fills out the document and signs it. Districts would have the option to add their district seal and/or notarize it if they choose to do so.
- The document could be put in the Paraprofessional portfolio and a copy in his/her personnel file.
- This document may be used as verification of meeting the requirements of NCLB. However, districts may establish additional requirements according to their hiring practice.
For more information, contact Heather Denny, 406-444-3551