I have a license in another state. How do I transfer my license to Montana?

Montana does not have reciprocity with any state for teacher licensure. To get a Montana teaching license you will need to go through the application process. You will need to submit an application, transcripts, a fingerprint background check, a copy of your current out of state license, a university recommendation and a licensure fee which verifies you have completed a teacher preparation program which included student teaching and that you qualify for the endorsements you are applying for.