AIM Policy References
AIM DATA SECURITY POLICIES
Please refer to the OPI Student Privacy web page for the OPI data security policies.
AIM RELEVANT STATE LAWS AND RULES
Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM):
Montana Code Annotated (MCA):
- MCA Title 20 Education
- MCA 20-7-104 Transparancy and Public Availability of Public School Performance Data-Reporting-Availability for Timely Use to Improve Instruction
- MCA 20-1-230 Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
- MCA 20-9-309 Basic system of free quality public elementary and secondary schools defined
- MCA 20-9-311 Calculation of average number belonging (ANB) -- 3-year averaging
- MCA 20-7-117 Kindergarten and Preschool Programs
MONTANA HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETER AND DROPOUT DATA COLLECTION HANDBOOK
US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION RACE & ETHNICITY POLICY Q&A LINKS
The U.S. Department of Education has finalized changes to the collection and reporting of race and ethnicity. Starting with the 2010-2011 school year, the new standards will require all students to be identified using a new two-part race/ethnicity question. The federal government has established the two-part question to recognize Hispanic ethnicity and race as two separate and distinct concepts. Additionally, the change allows the reporting of multiple races (American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and White).
The OPI has developed the following guidance and resource materials for district use as they transition to the new standards.