Montana's approach to providing educational services to high ability/high potential students involves adapting the systems through which education is normally offered; that is, many of these services can occur in a student's regular classroom, but the services must occur through planned and targeted strategies.
Educators can use the OPI's planning guide to find research-based best practices in gifted education. Click the Serving Montana's High Ability/High Potential Students link to open the guide. Refer to the table of contents for quick links throughout the guide.
Related Pages in the Planning Guide
- Building/revising a program in your school (pages 6-7)
- Identifying high ability/high potential students (page 9-23)
- Delivering services (pages 36-54)
- Professional development (page 32-33)
- Regional Education Service Areas (RESAs)
- (Planning Guide and Strategies)