Resources for Educators of High Ability/High Potential Students
Some school districts may be able to employ a gifted education specialist, but this may not be feasible for many districts. Alternative strategies include sharing a gifted education specialist among several schools or contracting with a gifted education specialist for specific services including high quality professional development. The OPI's Serving Montana's High Ability/High Potential Students (Planning Guide and Strategies) outlines a number of classroom strategies as part of Montana's Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS). This process is useful in planning and managing instruction for high ability/high potential students.
Related Pages in Serving Montana's High Ability/High Potential Students (Planning Guide and Strategies)
- Identification Instruments in support of high ability/high potential students (pages 16-21 & 87-88)
- Multi-tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) for High Ability/High Potential Learners (pages 38-46)
- MTSS as used for serving ALL Students' Educational Needs (page 39)
- Programming Criterion Components (page 62-66)
- Sample Acceleration Policy (pages 83-86)