- Librarian need and teacher contracts [Article]
Question #1:Does a K-12 school that has less than 100 students need a full-time librarian?
Question #2: By what date does a school board have to notify a teacher if he/she is going to be RIFed?
- Parent's right to placement of a child [Article]
Does a parent have the right to choose the placement of their child? We disagreed with placing our child in pre-second grade for the current school year for many reason's. We were told b
- I am interested in teaching in Indian Education. How do I find information on ap... [Article]
Please go to the OPI home page, mouse over resources, and then click on the school jobs and employment. The jobs in Indian Education or that are in Indian Schools aren't separated by categor
- What is Indian Education for All? [Article]
Documentation related to Indian Education for All can be found at the OPI website at: http://www.opi.mt.gov/Programs/IndianEd/Index.html
- Where can I find resources for teaching about Montana’s Indians? [Article]
The OPI Indian Education page http://www.opi.mt.gov/Programs/IndianEd/Index.html is a good place to get started. Also, there are some in
- Where can I find information on the Internet to help me with resources and curri... [Article]
There are several websites available online that may provide the answers you are looking for. A good place to start is do a search on Google. Go to http://www.google.com and type in the name of the tr...
- How do I register as an online school provider? What are the laws and rules? [Article]
In accordance with ARM 10.55.907 Distance, Online, and Technology Delivered Learning (1) This rule establishes requirements for distance, online, and technology delivered learning progra
- What is required for grades k-12 in montana; subjects activities? [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Standards, Chapter 55-11 thru 55-13: Academic Requirements Basic academic requirements form a solid foundation for each school’s educat
- How do I add an endorsement to my license? [Article]
To add an endorsement to a Montana License, you must complete the equivalent of a teaching major or minor from an NCATE or state approved college or university.
- What is needed to renew my license? [Article]
Renewal requirements are specific to the Class of License you hold and can be found on the Montana Educator Licensure website at
- How many hours are students and teachers required to spend per school day? How m... [Article]
Appendix E of the Montana School Accreditation Standards and Procedures Manual contains the Administrative Rules regarding the minutes per day and per year of pupil instruction. SCHOOL YEAR
- How should a student participating in a Job Corps program be recorded in the AIM... [Article]
The answer depends on the kind of program the student is pursuing through the Job Corps. EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT: The Office of Public Instruction considers the student still enrolled in the school if ...
- Guarateed Tax Base (GTB) [Article]
What is Guaranteed Tax Base?
The Guaranteed Tax Base Aid program (GTB), is a state program related to school funding in Montana. The statutes covering GTB are MCA 20-9-3
- Enrollment Counts and ANB [Article]
Q: What is "ANB"?
A: ANB is Average Number Belonging, which is a student count used for state funding purposes.
Q: Will the school lose ANB if students are a
- Cancellation of Warrants [Article]
Q: When can a school district cancel a warrant?
A: MCA 20-9-223 allows cancellation of a warrant outstanding (unredeemed) after 1
- What is the relationship between tribes and the states? [Article]
Given that the United States and tribes have a sovereign government to sovereign government relationship; states do not have any power over tribes within their territories, and vice-versa. The U.S. Co...
- Detention Center Education & Payments [Article]
Question: Does Montana Law require an educational program for kids in regional and county youth detention centers? Who pays educational costs for students in yo
- Restrictions on middle school class loads for health enhancement classes [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Manual: 10.55.713 TEACHER LOAD AND CLASS SIZE: HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH, MIDDLE SCHOOL, AND GRADES 7 AND 8 BUDGETED AT HIGH SCHOOL RATES (1) In addition...
- Licensure requirements for school nurse [Article]
Nursing standards are the same for all practicing nurses in Montana, irrespective of their concentration of practice. Neither the Office of Public Instruction nor any other agency issues any type of c...
- Required Health Enhancement hours for primary grades [Article]
The answers to your questions can be found in the Montana Accreditation Standards:
Elementary schools are to provide health enhancement but ...