- Accepted degrees-Online Colleges [Article]
Does Montana accept degrees from online universities or universities outside of Montana for Educator Licensing?
Montana's Administrative Rules for Educator Licensure require completion of an
- Do substitute teachers need a Montana teaching certificate? [Article]
Do substitute teachers need a Montana teaching certificate? Montana law does not require that a substitute hold a teaching license and does not offer "substitute licenses". However, school
- Renewal requirements. [Article]
What is needed to renew my license? Renewal requirements are specific to the Class of License you hold and can be found on the Montana Educator Licensure website at
- Teacher pay in Montana [Article]
What is the average pay for a teacher in the state of Montana?
Salaries in Montana are determined by collective bargaining agreements in 200+ local school district and staff bargaining
- Duplicate licenses [Article]
How do I get a copy of my teaching/administrative/specialist license? You may obtain a duplicate license by logging on to the Educator Licensure web page at: www.opi.mt.gov/cert.
- truancy [Article]
Where is a court of competent jurisdiction? 20-5-106 Truancy (1) ...If the child is not excused..., the attendance officer shall file a complaint against such person in a court of compet
- church days [Article]
Is there a state law requiring public schools to recognize Wednesday (or any other day) as a "church" day or "religion" day. If so, what are the requirements of this law? (i.e. - homewor
- Who is responsible for assuring compliance with the Montana Accreditation Standa... [Article]
In Montana, the trustees of each school district are ultimately responsible for every aspect of the school district. Our Constitution establishes this model of strong local control in Ar
- Can schools charge fees for band class? [Article]
The school my son is attending has band NOT AS A CHOICE, but as part of their curriculum. Meaning every 5th and 6th grader has to take this class. The problem I have with this is that th
- parent advocacy - teacher training - [Article]
I'm wondering how schools are held accountable for guidance strategie
- Student threatening another student [Article]
What rights does a parent have when his son is threatened at school, by another student. The other student said, "When I bring a gun to school your the first one I'm going to get." The p
- Can Trustees tell a teacher how to teach? [Article]
Is it legal for a school board to tell its teachers HOW to teach if, up to this point, there has been no formal complaint about how the teachers were teaching? Your question d
- School Board member speaking out [Article]
Can a School Board member speak about a specific individual without them being present at a public meeting in regard to a position and adding something negative about that person?
- Librarian need and teacher contracts [Article]
Question #1:Does a K-12 school that has less than 100 students need a full-time librarian?
Question #2: By what date does a school board have to notify a teacher if he/she is going to be RIFed?
- Parent's right to placement of a child [Article]
Does a parent have the right to choose the placement of their child? We disagreed with placing our child in pre-second grade for the current school year for many reason's. We were told b
- I am interested in teaching in Indian Education. How do I find information on ap... [Article]
Please go to the OPI home page, mouse over resources, and then click on the school jobs and employment. The jobs in Indian Education or that are in Indian Schools aren't separated by categor
- What is Indian Education for All? [Article]
Documentation related to Indian Education for All can be found at the OPI website at: http://www.opi.mt.gov/Programs/IndianEd/Index.html
- Where can I find resources for teaching about Montana’s Indians? [Article]
The OPI Indian Education page http://www.opi.mt.gov/Programs/IndianEd/Index.html is a good place to get started. Also, there are some in
- Where can I find information on the Internet to help me with resources and curri... [Article]
There are several websites available online that may provide the answers you are looking for. A good place to start is do a search on Google. Go to http://www.google.com and type in the name of the tr...
- What is required for grades k-12 in montana; subjects activities? [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Standards, Chapter 55-11 thru 55-13: Academic Requirements Basic academic requirements form a solid foundation for each school’s educat