- Contacting the METNET administrators [Article]
You can contact the METNET administrators either by phone or via email at:
Steve Meredith (406) 444-3563 firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Andrew (406) 444-2765 email@example.com
- How do I add an endorsement to my license? [Article]
To add an endorsement to a Montana License, you must complete the equivalent of a teaching major or minor from an NCATE or state approved college or university. The coursework requirements for an addi...
- Do substitute teachers in Montana need a Montana teaching certificate? [Article]
Montana law does not require that a substitute hold a teaching license and does not offer "substitute licenses". However, school districts may choose to employ only licensed teachers as substitutes, s...
- Revocation of Teacher's license [Article]
What is the process for revoking a teaching certificate in Montana? Can you give me examples of cases where this has occurred? Montana law provides the process by which an educator's c
- What is the “Summary of Performance”? [Article]
What is the “Summary of Performance”? The district is required to provide a Summary of Performance to students leaving school due to graduation or exceeding the age eli
- IEPs - Are benchmarks and short-term objectives required for all students? [Article]
Are benchmarks and short-term objectives required for all students? No. Benchmark or short-term objectives are required only for children who take an alternate assessment al
- When must a manifestation determination be conducted? [Article]
When must a manifestation determination be conducted?
A child’s IEP team must conduct a manifestation determination meeting whenever it proposes to change the educational placem
- Manifestation Determination - timeframe for IEP meeting [Article]
What is the timeframe for conducting this IEP meeting?
The school must conduct the IEP meeting within 10 school days of the decision to change the student’s educational placemen
- Observing child's class [Article]
I am interested in observing in my daughter's science class periodically. Is there ever a reason a parent would be denied this opportunity?? I would not speak or assist or interrupt--simply there to...
- Open admission [Article]
What is open admission? Is it the law? How do I know which schools have open admission? Must the school district have a policy in their policy manual stating that they have open admissio
- Breach of contract [Article]
I heard that there is a law that states if I have signed a contract to teach for the following year, I have until July 1st to resign from that contract. Is that true? Would there be any penalties fo...
- School drop out age [Article]
At what age can a student drop out of school in Montana? Section 20-5-103 of the Montana statutes provides that a student has to attend school until the later of the following
- Discipline- What issues may a school district consider when deciding to order a ... [Article]
... order a change in placement for a child with disabilities due to a violation of a school district code of conduct?
- How is eligibility determined for ESEA Title VI programs? [Article]
How is eligibility determined for ESEA Title VI programs? 1. To be eligible for the SRSA program, districts must have: • an average daily attendance of 600 students or less and • b
- How do I determine the ESEA Title VI program component my district is eligible f... [Article]
How do I determine the ESEA Title VI program component my district is eligible for?
Go to the Small, Rural School Achievement Program page on the US Department of education website at h
- Title IV, Part B, subpart 2 - Small, Rural School Achievement (SRSA) grants [Article]
The rural schools grants require the school district to request and receive cash for the grant from the Federal government using the e-payments (AKA "GAPS) system. [NOTE: Small Rural Schools funding u...
- Duplicate licenses [Article]
How do I get a copy of my teaching/administrative/specialist license? You may obtain a duplicate license by logging on to the Educator Licensure web page at www.opi.mt.gov/cert. On the left
- TB test requirement [Article]
Does Montana require a TB skin test to renew your teaching license? No - teachers are no longer required to have a physical or a TB skin test for licensure purposes.
- Remove teaching endorsement [Article]
Can I drop an endorsement from my license anytime? Per Montana Adminstrative Rule - section 10.57.301(9): "An endorsement may be dropped from a teaching license at the end of the valid term
- How long is my Montana background check valid? [Article]
How long is my Montana background check valid? The fingerprint background check is valid for licensure for a period of two years, based upon the processing date on the report. The date of re