- WIDA ACCESS for ELLs Test shipping and Logistical questions [Article]
TEST SHIPPING AND LOGISTICAL QUESTIONS
I don't have a barcode label for a student; is every line on the back of the booklet (Student ID, # of years req
- ACCESS for ELLs Test - Definition [Article]
What is the ACCESS for ELLs test?
ACCESS for ELLs is an annual assessment designed to measure English Learners’ social and academic language proficiency in English.
- What are the Montana STEM Initiative goals for 2012-13? [Article]
Q: What are the Montana STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) Initiative goals for 2012-2013?
- Technology Readiness Tool [Article]
August 30, 2012
The Technology Readiness Tool (TRT) will give Montana schools a convenient way to capture and report on indicators of their technology readiness for the Sm
- How do Montana students score on other measurements of academic achievement? [Article]
Student test scores have shown a marked increase over the past ten years.
- Does Montana participate in any voucher programs for ESE students to attend priv... [Article]
Montana public education does not have a voucher program.
- How would an applicant address the math-science partnership between the two gran... [Article]
Q: How would an applicant address the math-science partnership between the two grants to be described in the proposal? A: The ESEA Title II, Part B, MS
- Why is the first year of the MSP funding cycle shorter (running from October 1, ... [Article]
Q: Why is the first year of the MSP funding cycle shorter (running from October 1, 2012-June 30, 2013) than Years two and three? A: The ESEA Title II, Part B, MSP
- Are the five RESAs able to support each project? [Article]
Q: Are the five RESAs able to support each project?
A: The ESEA Title II, Part B, MSP Request for Proposals requires as active partners Montana&
- Which American Indian tribes are located on what reservations in Montana? [Article]
Blackfeet Reservation: Blackfeet
Crow Reservation: Crow
Flathead Reservation: Salish, Pend d’ Oreille, Kootenai
Fort Belknap Reservation: White Clay (Gros
- Who is an American Indian? [Article]
Legally and politically, an American Indian is a member of a tribe. Each tribe creates its own membership requirements to determine whether an individual is eligible for enrollment. Membership
- Which term is more appropriate to use, American Indian or Native American? [Article]
When referring to the indigenous peoples of Alaska or the 48 contiguous states of the United States, it is appropriate to use the terms “Alaska Natives” and “American Indians,
- What are tribal colleges and who can attend them? [Article]
Tribal colleges exist on each of the seven reservations in Montana. They are: Fort Peck Community College,Fort Belknap College, Chief Dull Knife College (Northern Cheyenne), Little Big Horn College (C...
- What does the term achievement gap mean and who does it apply to? [Article]
The achievement gap is a term used widely in national education circles to describe the persistent gaps between the academic achievements of different groups of children in the United States. I
- Do American Indians pay taxes? [Article]
Yes, both tribes and individual American Indians pay taxes. Individual American Indians pay federal incometaxes and other taxes such as fuel and tobacco taxes. American Indians who work on a reservati...
- What does the term “Federally Recognized Tribe” mean? [Article]
“Federal Recognition” is a legal term meaning that the United States recognizes a government-to-governmentrelationship with a tribe and that a tribe exists politically as a “domestic...
- What is the relationship between tribes and the states? [Article]
Given that the United States and tribes have a sovereign government to sovereign government relationship, States do not have any power over tribes within their territories, and vice-versa. The
- When is American Indian Heritage Day? [Article]
In 1997, the Montana Legislature passed into law MCA 20-1-306, designating the fourth Friday in September as American Indian Heritage Day. Under this law, schools are to conduct app
- Guide to Updating your Universal Application [Article]
We have created a guide to updating your Montana Universal Application for Education employment:
- Viewing Applications [Article]
The collection of online applications is available only to Montana School Districts. It is a secure site and requires individual district logins. If you are a representative of a Monta