- How is the Montana Teacher Retirement System structured? [Article]
- How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana what costs can be paid... [Article]
Q: How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana?
A: The state and county share "on-schedule costs" to provide funding for parent mileage contracts and a mileage reimbursement fo
- Bus Depreciation Fund [Article]
If your school owns a school bus or bus used to transport kids for athletics or activities, you should be familiar with the Bus Depreciation Fund.
Q: What is
- What test does Montana require for educator licensure? [Article]
Testing is not required for "LICENSURE" in Montana. However, you may be required to complete testing as part of your college program before they can recommend you for Montana licensure. Ple
- Infotrac database [Article]
Do we still have a subscription to Infotrac? I tried to log in this morning, but it failed.
The State of Montana has had a contract with Infotrac, for the past 10 years. Th
- State Library Directory - Instructions [Article]
My high school students are doing a research paper. I would like them to be able to use the resources at MSL. How do we access them? I have a password for something called Edit Path and a library
- How long is the TELL license good for? [Article]
TELL permits are valid for one year. Your teen can apply for another one year learner license if you feel additional supervised practice is needed. Practice helps teens develop safe driv
- How to Subscribe to our Newsletters [Article]
How to Sign up for an OPI Email Distribution List
1. On the left side of the OPI Home Page, click on "Subscribe to Our Newsletters"
- Diploma verification [Article]
Whom do I contact to verify a person’s high school diploma? Contact the high school that granted the diploma. Find contact information for the schools in the Directory of Montana Sc
- Get a Domain name for your School [Article]
Looking for a domain name for your Montana school district (MySchool.k12.mt.us)?
- Attendance Centers [Article]
Q: What is an attendance center? A: An attendance center is a location where students regularly attend school at a location other than the regular school building. The atte
- Listing of School Web sites [Article]
Many schools have posted their web addresses on our website at: http://www.metnet.mt.gov/schoolweb/ The Montana League of Cities has a page on their site with a list of links to those Monta
- Contacting the METNET administrators [Article]
You can contact the METNET administrators either by phone or via email at:
Steve Meredith (406) 444-3563 email@example.com
Janet Andrew (406) 444-2765 firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I add an endorsement to my license? [Article]
To add an endorsement to a Montana License, you must complete the equivalent of a teaching major or minor from an NCATE or state approved college or university. The coursework requirements for an addi...
- Do substitute teachers in Montana need a Montana teaching certificate? [Article]
Montana law does not require that a substitute hold a teaching license and does not offer "substitute licenses". However, school districts may choose to employ only licensed teachers as substitutes, s...
- Revocation of Teacher's license [Article]
What is the process for revoking a teaching certificate in Montana? Can you give me examples of cases where this has occurred? Montana law provides the process by which an educator's c
- What is the “Summary of Performance”? [Article]
What is the “Summary of Performance”? The district is required to provide a Summary of Performance to students leaving school due to graduation or exceeding the age eli
- IEPs - Are benchmarks and short-term objectives required for all students? [Article]
Are benchmarks and short-term objectives required for all students? No. Benchmark or short-term objectives are required only for children who take an alternate assessment al
- When must a manifestation determination be conducted? [Article]
When must a manifestation determination be conducted?
A child’s IEP team must conduct a manifestation determination meeting whenever it proposes to change the educational placem
- Manifestation Determination - timeframe for IEP meeting [Article]
What is the timeframe for conducting this IEP meeting?
The school must conduct the IEP meeting within 10 school days of the decision to change the student’s educational placemen