- Alternative Licenses [Article]
...is an Alternative License?
Entry level license for candidates who might meet some but not all of the above requirements for the Class 1, 2, 3 or 6 licenses.
- Do substitute teachers need a Montana teaching certificate? [Article]
Do substitute teachers need a Montana teaching certificate? Montana law does not require that a su...a substitute hold a teaching license and does not offer "substitute licenses". However, school
- Duplicate licenses [Article]
How do I get a copy of my teaching/administrative/specialist licens...
- parent advocacy - teacher training - [Article]
I'm wondering how schools are held accountable for guidance strategie
- Class 5 License procedure [Article]
I am applying for the class 5 license and I was wondering if I send page 7 to my place of education and then do they
- Can Trustees tell a teacher how to teach? [Article]
...s HOW to teach if, up to this point, there has been no formal complaint about how the teachers were teaching? Your question d
- What are the current Head Start teacher qualifications? [Article]
...ions? Each Head Start classroom in center-based programs must have a teacher who has at least one of the fo
- Where can I find resources for teaching about Montana’s Indians? [Article]
The OPI Indian Education page http://www.opi.mt.gov/Programs/IndianEd/Index.html is a good place to get started. Also, there are some in
- Please define tenure for teachers. Is a teacher with tenure still reviewed? How ... [Article]
...nt. Code Ann. §20-4-203) defines teacher tenure as "whenever a teacher has been elected by the offer and acceptance of a contract for the fourth consecutive year of e
- What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofessio... [Article]
The administrative rule adopted by the Board of Public Education in relation to Instructional Aides/Paras is set forth below. A school district may also have policies that deal with this
- What is required for grades k-12 in montana; subjects activities? [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Standards, Chapter 55-11 thru 55-13: Academic Requirements Basic academic requirements form a solid foundation for each school’s educat
- How do I add an endorsement to my license? [Article]
...Montana License, you must complete the equivalent of a teaching major or minor from an NCATE or stat...
- We updated to Internet Explorer 7. Is there anything we need to do to enter da... [Article]
Introduction to Internet Explorer 7
Adding the Infinite Campus site t
- Consolidation/Annexation [Article]
Q: What is a consolidation?
A: Consolidation results in one new district in place of two or more districts that consolidate.
(MCA 20-6-203) Elem --
- What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofession... [Article]
What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofessionals? The administrative rule adopted by the Board of Public Education in relation to Instructional Aides/Paras
- School District Budget Filing System [Article]
...tems in a folder for each budget year: [This list shows major headings and contents of
- Audit Requirements [Article]
Q; Does every School have to have an audit?
A: State law says a school district that receives $ 200,000 or more in total revenues in a year has to have an audit for t
- Required TB screening for new teaching staff [Article]
...as set forth below. If you have any additional questions, please let us know. Legal Division Office of Public Instruction Helena, MT 59620 406.444-4402 37.114.1010 E
- Teacher load and class size/limit for elementary teachers? [Article]
There is not a maximum number of students that can be assigned for the school day within the elementary grades. Class size is described in the Standards of Accreditation 10.55.712.
- Required Health Enhancement hours for primary grades [Article]
The answers to your questions can be found in the Montana Accreditation Standards:
Elementary schools are to provide health enhancement but ...