- What is needed to renew my license? [Article]
Renewal requirements are specific to the Class of License you hold and can be found on the Montana Educator Licensure website at
- Does OPI license all addiction counselors who work in the schools? [Article]
Guidance counselors are licensed by the Office of Public Instruction as school counselors. These individuals may also serve as individual counselors to students in school settings, depending on educat...
- Is there a grace period for earning credits/renewal units for renewing an educ... [Article]
A license officially expires on June 30th. However, there is a grace period until August 31st to earn college credits and/or renewal units.
Keep in mind, if you take a colle
- Does Montana offer emergency licensure? [Article]
Montana does not offer an emergency license.
- What is the average teacher's salary in the state of Montana? [Article]
Teacher salaries are determined by local school districts through locally developed bargaining procedures. Some salary information may be available from the Montana Education Association
- Teacher retirement [Article]
The Montana Teacher Retirement System is not adminstered by the Office of Public Instruction. Information about teacher's retirement is at the Teacher's Retirement System.
- How is the Montana Teacher Retirement System structured? [Article]
- Preschool Teacher Qualifications - Head Start [Article]
What are the current requirements for Head Start teacher qualifications?
Each Head Start classroom in center-based programs must have a teacher w
- What test does Montana require for educator licensure? [Article]
Testing is not required for "LICENSURE" in Montana. However, you may be required to complete testing as part of your college program before they can recommend you for Montana licensure. Ple
- Student Loan Forgiveness Programs - List of Low Income Schools [Article]
I am a first year teacher and I just read about Student Loan Forgiveness Programs. Can you tell me more about the program? Quality Educator Loan Forgiveness Program L
- Get the results of a Back Ground Check [Article]
In order for us to share your background results, we need you to complete a redissemination form which gives us your written permission to share your fingerprint results. You can find
- How do I apply for renewal credit? [Article]
Please see information under "Renewals" at http:// www.opi.mt.gov /Cert/Index.html
- Quarter Hours to Semester Hours Conversion [Article]
How do you convert quarter hours to semester hours? One quarter credit is equal to 2/3 of a semester credit. Six quarter credits is equivalent to four semester credits.
- Highly Qualified Teacher [Article]
How do I determine if I am "highly qualified" teacher?
The most current information is posted on the Federal Programs page:
- How long is my Montana background check valid? [Article]
How long is my Montana background check valid? The fingerprint background check is valid for licensure for a period of two years, based upon the processing date on the report. The date of re
- Educator's Code of Ethics [Article]
How do I find the Professional Educators of Montana Code of Ethics?
The Code of Ethics is published by the Board of Public Education.
To find a copy, logon to our website at:&nb
- List of Teaching Jobs [Article]
The list of education related jobs in Montana can be found by visiting OPI's Jobs for Teachers web site located at
- Tests required for licensure [Article]
What test does Montana require for educator licensure? Testing is not required for "LICENSURE" in Montana. However, you may be required to complete testing as part of your coll
- Changing careers [Article]
I am considering changing careers. What would I have to do to become a teacher in Montana?
If you have at least a bachelor's degree, The Northern Plains Transition to Teaching Program a
- Accepted degrees-Online Colleges [Article]
Does Montana accept degrees from online universities or universities outside of Montana for Educator Licensing?
Montana's Administrative Rules for Educator Licensure require completion of an