- Folio Number? [Article]
The state recently changed the "Folio Number" to "SEID"
To find your SEID number, logon to our web site:
- Are base salary/contracted amounts required to be reported for ALL employees on ... [Article]
Are base salary/contracted amounts required to be reported for ALL employees on the Terms of Employment Report?
No. The base salary amounts and contract inf
- What position code should be used for the following assignments? [Article]
What position code should be used for the following assignments? Teacher on Special Assignment? PC10 Program Coordinator (requires Educator License) Election Judg
- If an employee has a stipend for having extra training or experience, should I r... [Article]
If an employee has a stipend for having extra training or experience, should I report this as a separate position code or extra duty assignment?
- Should “extra duty” assignment, such as debate team coach, coaching, and other e... [Article]
Should "extra duty" assignment, such as debate team coach, coaching, and other extracurricular assignments, be reported using separate position codes?
- Will SEIDs be required for any non-employees? [Article]
Will SEIDs be required for any non-employees?
Maybe. In order to document
- Forgot my login! [Article]
If you have forgotten your login information to update your Universal Application, go to this page:
- How long is the TELL license good for? [Article]
TELL permits are valid for one year. Your teen can apply for another one year learner license if you feel additional supervised practice is needed. Practice helps teens develop safe driv
- Drug Testing [Article]
How do you know if a person is covered by the Federal Random Drug testing rule…
Ask the following questions:
A. Is the person an employee or employer?
- How do I add an endorsement to my license? [Article]
To add an endorsement to a Montana License, you must complete the equivalent of a teaching major or minor from an NCATE or state approved college or university. The coursework requirements for an addi...
- Do substitute teachers in Montana need a Montana teaching certificate? [Article]
Montana law does not require that a substitute hold a teaching license and does not offer "substitute licenses". However, school districts may choose to employ only licensed teachers as substitutes, s...
- Change of name [Article]
I was recently married. How do I change my name on my license?
Please logon to our website at: http:// www.opi.mt.g
- Revocation of Teacher's license [Article]
What is the process for revoking a teaching certificate in Montana? Can you give me examples of cases where this has occurred? Montana law provides the process by which an educator's c
- Deadline for signing teacher contract [Article]
What is the dead-line for signing your teaching contract for the next school year? After signing a contract for the next year, do you have a certain amount of time to back out of the contract before...
- Breach of contract [Article]
I heard that there is a law that states if I have signed a contract to teach for the following year, I have until July 1st to resign from that contract. Is that true? Would there be any penalties fo...
- Duplicate licenses [Article]
How do I get a copy of my teaching/administrative/specialist license? You may obtain a duplicate license by logging on to the Educator Licensure web page at www.opi.mt.gov/cert. On the left
- How Can I Add a Special Education Endorsement to my Existing License? [Article]
What programs are available to help me add the special ed endorsement to my license? Contact the OPI Special Education Endorsement Project through MSU-Billings at 406-657-2097. Participation
- TB test requirement [Article]
Does Montana require a TB skin test to renew your teaching license? No - teachers are no longer required to have a physical or a TB skin test for licensure purposes.
- Can a non-citizen be certified? [Article]
Can a non-citizen be certified as an educator in Montana?
Yes, if he or she qualifies and meets the educational requirements for licensure. The qualifications for licensure are stated i
- Remove teaching endorsement [Article]
Can I drop an endorsement from my license anytime? Per Montana Adminstrative Rule - section 10.57.301(9): "An endorsement may be dropped from a teaching license at the end of the valid term