- Does OPI have a list of qualified external evaluators for this grant? [Article]
Q: Does OPI have a list of qualified external evaluators for this grant? A: It would be inappropriate for OPI to recommend one external evaluator over another.
- Why is the first year of the MSP funding cycle shorter (running from October 1, ... [Article]
Q: Why is the first year of the MSP funding cycle shorter (running from October 1, 2012-June 30, 2013) than Years two and three? A: The ESEA Title II, Part B, MSP
- Does a project need to choose between a postsecondary education institutionís ST... [Article]
Q: Does a project need to choose between a postsecondary education institution’s STEM faculty and a teacher education department faculty member? A:
- If a RESA supports a specific project, does that prevent the RESA from supportin... [Article]
Q: If a RESA supports a specific project, does that prevent the RESA from supporting other efforts? And, can a RESA specify which project it prefers?
- Are the five RESAs able to support each project? [Article]
Q: Are the five RESAs able to support each project?
A: The ESEA Title II, Part B, MSP Request for Proposals requires as active partners Montana&
- Who is eligible to apply for the ESEA Title II, Part B, MSP Grant? [Article]
Q: Who is eligible to apply for the ESEA Title II, Part B, MSP Grant?
A: Only "Partnerships of local education agencies (LEAs) and post
- Can a school use excess reserves to pay for a base increase on teacher salary pe... [Article]
Yes, pursuant to MCA, 20-9-161(5)(a), excess reserves could be used to pay for a base increase on teacher’s salary. However, it is a one-time funding source, so we would questio
- Do American Indians pay taxes? [Article]
Yes, both tribes and individual American Indians pay taxes. Individual American Indians pay federal incometaxes and other taxes such as fuel and tobacco taxes. American Indians who work on a reservati...
- When is American Indian Heritage Day? [Article]
...-306, designating the fourth Friday in September as American Indian Heritage Day. Under this law, schools are to conduct app
- Viewing Applications [Article]
The collection of online applications is available only to Montana School Districts. It is a secure site and requires individual district logins. If you are a representative of a Monta
- Updating the Resume and Letter of Interest [Article]
I have an educator application on file. Is there any way to update the resume and letter of interest other than delete the entire file and start a new account?
- Washing Apples or Pears [Article]
I was wondering, I am told NOT to wash apples or pears in our school kitchen as it takes off the "shine". Is it common practice to not wash the fruit for the children? Thank you for yo
- Qualifications for school nurse [Article]
The National Board for Certification of School Nurses issues certifications for school nurses. This is a credential that identifies leadership and advanced knowledge in the field of school nur
- Teacher's rights at school board meeting [Article]
What are my legal rights if a board member physically came at me during a school board meeting? I am a teacher at the school.
Answer: As a teacher, you can conta
- Evaluation Information [Article]
When the evaluation has already been completed; but the team has decided to additionally select OT a
- What is GEMS? [Article]
Where can I find information about GEMS?
GEMS (Growth and Enhancement of Montana Students is Montana’s statewide longitudinal education data center.
- How is the Montana Teacher Retirement System structured? [Article]
- 504 Review TimeFrame [Article]
A 504 plan was written last year at this time for a student. It has not been modified since that time. Should a new plan be written at least on a yearly basis if the child continues to mee
- Bus Drivers First-Aid [Article]
... have CPR training?
A: No, state law does not require CPR training to be certified for driving a school bus. BUT, it's a very good idea
- How old do I have to be to get a GED? [Article]
How old must I be to get my GED? You must be 16 years, or older AND not enrolled in school.