- Consolidation/Annexation [Article]
Q: What is a consolidation?
A: Consolidation results in one new district in place of two or more districts that consolidate.
(MCA 20-6-203) Elem --
- Building Reserve Fund [Article]
Q: What is the last date to hold an election on the Building Reserve Fund?
A: Section 20-9-502, MCA
- ANB-10 Day Rule [Article]
Q: Is a school district required to drop a student after 10 days of absence?
A: No. Trustees ma...
- Detention Center Education & Payments [Article]
...ty youth detention centers? Who pays educational costs for students in yo
- Can a school drop an enrolled student after an absence of 10 consecutive school ... [Article]
In connection with enrollment count, 20-9-311 (6) provides:
- Teacher load and class size/limit for elementary teachers? [Article]
There is not a maximum number of students that can be assigned for ...ents that can be assigned for the school day within the elementary ...thin the elementary grades. Class size is described in the Standard...
- Title VI is confusing --- so what ARE the parts of Title VI? [Article]
Title VI has three parts and each district is eligible for only ONE of the
- Can we have more than one School Coordinator for a building? [Article]
Yes--when they add the additional person, they just make sure to choose School Coordinator as that person's role.
- Is there a test proctor to student ratio for Smarter Balanced? [Article]
No there isn’t a specific recommendation. Though Smarter does recommend testing in class sized groups as the ideal with their regular classroom teacher as the Test Administrator.
- Can students access notes from Part 1 of the ELA Performance Task in Part 2? [Article]
...sks) Notes is a notepad that is available for ELA performance tasks in which students complete a ful...
- 3-55th can have ELA/Math test items read to them through or they can have speech... [Article]
Yes; however, unless a student has a disability preventing using the text to speech, the read aloud should not be used.
- Should/can IEP teams begin making changes in testing accommodation on IEPs that ... [Article]
Please contact OPI Special Education Director, Frank Podobnik, firstname.lastname@example.org
- How does the ASL Tool work? Can we practice using it on the Practice and Trainin... [Article]
Every math item and ELA listening item on the training test includes ASL videos.
To access the ASL tool:
1. Right click an area that contains the item stem.
•A pop up me
- Kindergarten start age [Article]
...child start kindergarten? When they have reached age 5 on or before September 10 of the current school year. (MCA 20-7-117)
- Is TIDE just for special education data entry or is it for all student data? [Article]
It is not just for Special Education Data Entry. Please refer to the OPI TIDE Quick Facts Update, February, 24, 2014
- How will teachers access the Classroom Activities for the Field Test? [Article]
The classroom Activities will be found on the field test portal at http://sbac.portal.airast.org/field-test in early March. Locate your state a
- How can our students practice with the text-to-speech tool? [Article]
•Must Use the Secure Browser •Tip: Close all programs before launching the secure browser •Log in as Guest
- Is there a way to input the modifications/accommodations so they can practice? M... [Article]
Yes, there is a way to input the accommodations and supports so that students can practice. There is a student settings page where the accommodations can be input when a student is taking the
- Is there going to be an alternative assessment? I have student who will or may n... [Article]
In the spring of 2015, Montana students will take a new alternate; in fact some Montana teachers are piloting it this spring. The CRT-Alternate in Reading and Math will continue through Spring
- Diploma verification [Article]
Whom do I contact to verify a person’s high school diploma? Contact the high school that gran...