- Discpline- What new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal has been ... [Article]
What new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal has been added?
A school is permitted...
- Open admission [Article]
What is open admission? Is it the law? How do I know which schools have open admission? Must the school district have a policy in their policy manual stating that they have open admissio
- Discipline- What issues may a school district consider when deciding to order a ... [Article]
What issues may a school district consider when deciding to order a change in placement for a child with disabilities due to a violation of a school district code of conduct?
- What is the purpose of ESEA Title VI? [Article]
...e VI provides federal funding flexibility to help school raise student achievement. Part A of ESEA ...
- truancy [Article]
...y (1) ...If the child is not excused..., the attendance officer shall file a complaint against such person in a court of compet
- Removal of School Board Chairman [Article]
What is the procedure for removing a school board chairman?
Removing an elected official from office is not an easy undertaking. This answer is not
- church days [Article]
Is there a state law requiring public schools to recognize Wednesday (or any other day) as a "church" day or "religion" day. If so, what are the requirements of this law? (i.e. - homewor
- Who is responsible for assuring compliance with the Montana Accreditation Standa... [Article]
In Montana, the trustees of each school district are ultimately responsible for every aspect of the school district. Our Constitution establishes this model of strong local control in Ar
- Can a Montana school district be sued in negligence for educational malpractice?... [Article]
In response to the first part of your question -- yes, a school district can be sued. The Montana Constitution provides that "the state, counties, cities, towns, and all other local gove
- How can school districts combine or merge? [Article]
There are two ways that school districts can merge: school district annexation (MCA 20-6-422) and school district consolidation (MCA 20-6-423).
- Can Trustees tell a teacher how to teach? [Article]
Is it legal for a school board to tell its teachers HOW to teach if, up to this point, there has been no formal complaint about how the teachers were teaching? Your question d
- School Board member speaking out [Article]
... being present at a public meeting in regard to a position and adding something negative about that person?
- School board meetings [Article]
If we feel that there are issues about how our school board meetings are being ran is there something we as a community and parents can do? **Example have someone take notes,or can we le
- How do I register as an online school provider? What are the laws and rules? [Article]
In accordance with ARM 10.55.907 Distance, Online, and Technology Delivered Learning (1) This rule establishes requirements for distance, online, and technology delivered learning progra
- What is required for grades k-12 in montana; subjects activities? [Article]
...5-11 thru 55-13: Academic Requirements Basic academic requirements form a solid foundation for each school’s educat
- Title VI is confusing --- so what ARE the parts of Title VI? [Article]
Title VI has three parts and each district is eligible fo
- How should a student participating in a Job Corps program be recorded in the AIM... [Article]
The answer depends on the kind of program the student is pursuing through the Job Corps. EDUCATIONAL...ction considers the student still enrolled in the school if t
- Will the student identifier system UID replace the district system student iden... [Article]
These numbers will coexist. There is a field for the local ID as well as one for the State ID>
- How should a student working at home, through an on-line academic program, be re... [Article]
It depends on the situation: Distance Learning: If the student is enrolled in a program or course at district expense using electronic or offsite delivery methods, including distance learning progra...
- Enrollment Counts and ANB [Article]
A: ANB is Average Number Belonging, which is a student count used for state funding purposes.
...sed for state funding purposes.
Q: Will the school lose ANB if students are a