- How can school districts combine or merge? [Article]
There are two ways that school districts can merge: school district annexation (MCA 20-6-422) and school district consolidation (MCA 20-6-423).
- Can Trustees tell a teacher how to teach? [Article]
Is it legal for a school board to tell its teachers HOW to teach if, up to this point, there has been no formal complaint about how the teachers were teaching? Your question d
- School Board member speaking out [Article]
... being present at a public meeting in regard to a position and adding something negative about that person?
- School board meetings [Article]
If we feel that there are issues about how our school board meetings are being ran is there something we as a community and parents can do? **Example have someone take notes,or can we le
- How do I get a copy of the Montana school law book? [Article]
Montana's school laws are published in the School Laws of Montana.
The latest version available is the 2009 edition.
- How do I register as an online school provider? What are the laws and rules? [Article]
In accordance with ARM 10.55.907 Distance, Online, and Technology Delivered Learning (1) This rule establishes requirements for distance, online, and technology delivered learning progra
- What is required for grades k-12 in montana; subjects activities? [Article]
...5-11 thru 55-13: Academic Requirements Basic academic requirements form a solid foundation for each school’s educat
- What is the average teacher's salary in the state of Montana? [Article]
Teacher salaries are determined by local school districts through locally developed bargaining proce...
- Our school has an elementary/jr. high P.E. position open. If it is filled with a... [Article]
Yes, that person would be "misassigned" and the district would receive a "ding".
- Title VI is confusing --- so what ARE the parts of Title VI? [Article]
Title VI has three parts and each district is eligible fo
- How should a student participating in a Job Corps program be recorded in the AIM... [Article]
The answer depends on the kind of program the student is pursuing through the Job Corps. EDUCATIONAL...ction considers the student still enrolled in the school if t
- Will the student identifier system UID replace the district system student iden... [Article]
These numbers will coexist. There is a field for the local ID as well as one for the State ID>
- How should a student working at home, through an on-line academic program, be re... [Article]
It depends on the situation: Distance Learning: If the student is enrolled in a program or course at district expense using electronic or offsite delivery methods, including distance learning progra...
- Enrollment Counts and ANB [Article]
A: ANB is Average Number Belonging, which is a student count used for state funding purposes.
...sed for state funding purposes.
Q: Will the school lose ANB if students are a
- Consolidation/Annexation [Article]
Q: What is a consolidation?
A: Consolidation results in one new district in place of two or more districts that consolidate.
(MCA 20-6-203) Elem --
- Building Reserve Fund [Article]
Q: What is the last date to hold an election on the Building Reserve Fund?
A: Section 20-9-502, MCA
- ANB-10 Day Rule [Article]
Q: Is a school district required to drop a student after 10 days of absence?
A: No. Trustees ma...
- Detention Center Education & Payments [Article]
...ty youth detention centers? Who pays educational costs for students in yo
- Can a school drop an enrolled student after an absence of 10 consecutive school ... [Article]
In connection with enrollment count, 20-9-311 (6) provides:
- Teacher load and class size/limit for elementary teachers? [Article]
There is not a maximum number of students that can be assigned for ...ents that can be assigned for the school day within the elementary ...thin the elementary grades. Class size is described in the Standard...