- When may a school remove a student to an interim alternative educational setting... [Article]
When may a school remove a student to an interim alternative educational setting for 45 school days...
- Where will the studentís placement be if the behavior is a manifestation of the ... [Article]
Where will the student’s placement be if the behavior is a manifestation of the disability? The student will be returned to the placement that was in effect prior to the remo
- What must the school do if the behavior was a manifestation of the disability? [Article]
What must the school do if the behavior was a manifestation of the disability? The school must conduct a functional behavioral assessment, unless the school had conducted one previ
- When must a manifestation determination be conducted? [Article]
When must a manifestation determination be conducted?
A child’s IEP team must conduct a manifestation determination meeting whenever it proposes to change the educational placem
- Manifestation Determination - timeframe for IEP meeting [Article]
... timeframe for conducting this IEP meeting?
The school must conduct the IEP meeting within 10 scho...thin 10 school days of the decision to change the student’s educational placemen
- What must the IEP team review to determine whether the behavior is a manifestati... [Article]
What must the IEP team review to determine whether the behavior is a manifestation of the child’s disability?
The team must review all relevant information in the c
- Conditions for non-identification of special ed student by district - IDEA 2004 [Article]
...t are the two additional conditions under which a school district would not be deemed to have knowle...rict would not be deemed to have knowledge that a student is a student with disabilities?
1) The ...
- Special education eligiblity based on behavior or performance - IDEA 2004 rule [Article]
In IDEA ’97, a school was thought to have knowledge that a s...e or she demonstrated behavior or performance in
- Discipline - new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal [Article]
What new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal has been added? A school is permitted ...
- Observing child's class [Article]
I am interested in observing in my daughter's science class periodically. Is there ever a reason a parent would be denied this opportunity?? I would not speak or assist or interrupt--simply there to...
- Discpline- What new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal has been ... [Article]
What new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal has been added?
A school is permitted...
- Open admission [Article]
What is open admission? Is it the law? How do I know which schools have open admission? Must the school district have a policy in their policy manual stating that they have open admissio
- Discipline- What issues may a school district consider when deciding to order a ... [Article]
What issues may a school district consider when deciding to order a change in placement for a child with disabilities due to a violation of a school district code of conduct?
- What is the purpose of ESEA Title VI? [Article]
...e VI provides federal funding flexibility to help school raise student achievement. Part A of ESEA ...
- annexation - teacher tenure [Article]
Are any rights that tenured teachers have in a school that is closing to be included in a school they are annexing to? Can tenured teachers from the closing school have first chance for
- truancy [Article]
...y (1) ...If the child is not excused..., the attendance officer shall file a complaint against such person in a court of compet
- Removal of School Board Chairman [Article]
What is the procedure for removing a school board chairman?
Removing an elected official from office is not an easy undertaking. This answer is not
- church days [Article]
Is there a state law requiring public schools to recognize Wednesday (or any other day) as a "church" day or "religion" day. If so, what are the requirements of this law? (i.e. - homewor
- Who is responsible for assuring compliance with the Montana Accreditation Standa... [Article]
In Montana, the trustees of each school district are ultimately responsible for every aspect of the school district. Our Constitution establishes this model of strong local control in Ar
- Can a Montana school district be sued in negligence for educational malpractice?... [Article]
In response to the first part of your question -- yes, a school district can be sued. The Montana Constitution provides that "the state, counties, cities, towns, and all other local gove