- Closure of Funds [Article]
Debt Service Fund
MCA 20-9-443: When the bonds are paid off, the money in the debt service fund may be transferred into the Building Reserve
- Cancellation of Warrants [Article]
Q: When can a school district cancel a warrant?
A: MCA 20-9-223 allows cancellation of a warrant outstanding (unredeemed) after 1
- School District Budget Filing System [Article]
It is recommended that each school district superintendent keep the following items in a folder for...
- Bonds [Article]
Q: What should a school district do about outstanding bond coupons when the bond has matured? (I.e., when some of the bondholders have not presente
- Administrator Housing Allowance [Article]
...on: Can the district rent a dwelling for an administrator in order to be in close proximity to the school campus? If so, is the rental amount to be included in
- Bank Loans Permissible? [Article]
Question: Are school districts required to borrow funds only from the Board of Investments rather than from a bank? Answer:
- Full Time Kindergarten (FTK) Q & A's [Article]
Below are frequently asked questions about funding Full-Time Kindergarten (FTK):
Q: I just received the official email announcing that updated FY2008 Budge
- Construction Grants and Loans [Article]
Question: Where can I find more information about grants, loans, and other financing options for school construction projects? Answer: 1.
- Where can I see the Montana teacher pay scale? [Article]
...estion: Where can I see the Montana teacher pay scale? Answer: Teacher salaries are determined by
- How can school districts combine or merge? [Article]
Question: How can school districts combine or merge? Answer:
There are two ways that school districts c
- Required TB screening for new teaching staff [Article]
The ARM is under DPHHS rules and is as set forth below. If you have any additional questions, please let us know. Legal Division Office of Public Instruction Helena, MT 59620 406.444-4402 37.114.1010 ...
- Health enhancement curriculum content and credits/sex ed [Article]
High school graduation requires 1 unit of health enhancement, with 1/2 unit for each of two years. The program is to include age-appropriate content in physical activity, nutrition, alcohol/tobacco/dr...
- Licensure requirements for school nurse [Article]
Nursing standards are the same for all practicing nurses in Montana, irrespective of their concentration of practice. Neither the Office of Public Instruction nor any other agency issues any type of c...
- Required Health Enhancement hours for primary grades [Article]
...ntana Accreditation Standards:
Elementary schools are to provide health enhancement but t
- Who do I call with questions about E-Grants? [Article]
If you need help with Login IDs, passwords, or security, contact
- What is E-Grants and what grants are applied for through E-Grants? [Article]
E-Grants is a web-enabled system for K-12 education and will support the grant application process from allocation of funds and application for funding through payment accountability, reporting to the...
- What happens if a school does not comply with state law if students cannot show... [Article]
...tion required -- release and acceptance of immunization records. (1) The governing authority of any school other than a post
- Does OPI license all addiction counselors who work in the schools? [Article]
Guidance counselors are licensed by the Office of Public Instructio...e Office of Public Instruction as school counselors. These individu...serve as individual counselors to students in school settings, depe...
- Is my district eligible to participate in Title VIB - RLIS? [Article]
District staff are asking if Title VIB - RLIS is the same as the SRSA funds from the US Department of Education. They are NOT the same! Dis
- In E-Grants should I apply as a system or an independent applicant? [Article]
...of two separate districts - elementary and a high school district - governed by the same board. If ...