- Is there a timeline for the initial evaluation of a student? [Article]
Is there a timeline for the initial evaluation of a student?
The Child Study Team (CST) must determine if the student is a child with a disability within 60 calendar days of receiving
- Are there additional requirements when school districts use Part B funds for ear... [Article]
Are there additional requirements when school districts use Part B funds for early intervening services? Yes. Each school district that develops and maintains a system of early int
- Early Intervening Services vs. Response to Intervention (RtI) [Article]
How is early intervening different from the Response to Intervention (RtI) process? The term “Early Intervening Services” refers to a broad application of support servi
- What types of activities are included in Early Intervening Services? [Article]
What types of activities are included in Early Intervening Services? Activities that can be funded as early intervening services include:
Professional development fo
- What are early intervening services? [Article]
The IDEA 2004 allows a school district to use up to 15 percent of ...art B funds to provide support to students who have not been identi...
- Discipline- timeline for expedited due process hearings [Article]
...ine for an expedited due process hearing changed?
The expedited hearing must take place within 20 school days of the hearing request and a determination shall be issued w
- closed board meeting [Article]
Who can attend a closed board meeting involving the hiring/firing of a staff member? If the board chairman closed the meeting, then he or she must have determined that the sta
- Deadline for signing teacher contract [Article]
What is the dead-line for signing your teaching contract for the next school year? After signing a contract for the next year, do you have a certain amount of time to back out of the contract before...
- Breach of contract [Article]
I heard that there is a law that states if I have signed a contract to teach for the following year, I have until July 1st to resign from that contract. Is that true? Would there be any penalties fo...
- Discipline-Has the definition of “day” regarding the 45 day removal changed? [Article]
Has the definition of “day” regarding the 45 day removal changed?
The 45 day disciplinary removal to an interim alternative educational setting has changed from
- Why don't we qualify for RLI? [Article]
Our District has a very high percentage of students who qualify for the free and reduced lunch progr...
- What are the provisions of the RLIS program? [Article]
What are the provisions of the RLIS program? The Rural and Low-Income School (RLIS) component of REAP provides districts with funding allocated through the OPI the same as ot
- Special education records [Article]
How long do you keep a student's IEP after they have graduated and left the school? Is there a re...
- How do I determine the ESEA Title VI program component my district is eligible f... [Article]
How do I determine the ESEA Title VI program component my district is eligible for?
Go to the Small, Rural School Achievement Program page on the US Department of education website at h
- Title IV, Part B, subpart 2 - Small, Rural School Achievement (SRSA) grants [Article]
The rural schools grants require the school district to request and receive cash for the grant from the Federal government using the e-payments (AKA "GAPS) system. [NOTE: Small Rural Schools funding u...
- How long is my Montana background check valid? [Article]
...s my Montana background check valid? The fingerprint background check is valid for licensure for a period of two years, based upon the processing date on the report. The date of re
- Non-OPI licensed counselors - Licensed Addiction Counselors [Article]
Does OPI license all counselors who work in the schools? Guidance counselors are licensed by the Of...
- Administrative licenses - requirements [Article]
What are the requirements for an administrative license?
Please see requirements and application materials at http:// www
- How much does a Montana license cost? [Article]
How much does a Montana license cost?
Initial Montana License: $36 to OPI for the license and $29.25 to the MT Dept. of Justice for fingerprinting
- Copy of Alternative Licenses [Article]
What is an Alternative License?
Entry level license for candidates who might meet some but not all of the above requirements for the Class 1, 2, 3 or 6 licenses.