- What is GEMS? [Article]
Where can I find information about GEMS?
GEMS (Growth and Enhancement of Montana Students is Montana’s statewide longitudinal education data center.
- How is the Montana Teacher Retirement System structured? [Article]
- 504 Review TimeFrame [Article]
A 504 plan was written last year at this time for a student. It has not been modified since that time. Should a new plan be written at least on a yearly basis if the child continues to mee
- Bus Drivers First-Aid [Article]
... have CPR training?
A: No, state law does not require CPR training to be certified for driving a school bus. BUT, it's a very good idea
- How old do I have to be to get a GED? [Article]
How old must I be to get my GED? You must be 16 years, or older AND not enrolled in school.
- Verify GED completion [Article]
Whom do I contact to verify if a person has been awarded a GED?
The GED staff at OPI can help you. Please contact: Carol Flynn, ABE Specialist Phone:
- Can't Connect to a Meeting, FMS did not return correctly [Article]
Give this information to your school's technical support group. Adobe Connect first tries to connec...to connect on port 1935. If that port is blocked by a proxy or firewall, then it seamlessly switche
- Free and Reduced Lunch counts [Article]
Where do I find data and information about the numbers of schools that qualify for free and reduced lunches?
We post free and reduced lunch counts on our OPI webpage, from the “O
- State Library Directory - Instructions [Article]
My high school students are doing a research paper. I would like t...
- How do I get access to E-Grants? [Article]
The attached form is submitted to the OPI by the LEA Authorized Representative (AR) to
- IASA [Article]
Improving America's School Act
- What's required for Home Schooling? [Article]
Question: For a variety of reasons, we are pulling our child of the remainder of the school year. We will also be home schooling beginning next year, and I understand what
- Driver Certificate Not Current [Article]
Can we use a driver in an emergency
- Pupil Transportation--Unsecure Items [Article]
Q: Does having a bottle of cleaning fluid on the dash of the bus, or an unsecured carton with "stuff" in it present a dangerous situation for bus riders? A:&nbs
- Diploma verification [Article]
Whom do I contact to verify a person’s high school diploma? Contact the high school that gran...
- Attendance Centers [Article]
...er? A: An attendance center is a location where students regularly attend school at a location oth...
- Listing of School Web sites [Article]
Many schools have posted their web addresses on our website at: http://www.metnet.mt.gov/schoolweb/ The Montana League of Cities has a page on their site with a list of links to those Monta
- Do substitute teachers in Montana need a Montana teaching certificate? [Article]
...equire that a substitute hold a teaching license and does not offer "substitute licenses". However, school districts may choose to employ only licensed teachers as substitutes, so
- Revocation of Teacher's license [Article]
...tana? Can you give me examples of cases where this has occurred? Montana law provides the process by which an educator's c
- School bus drivers with Diabetes [Article]
Employers of CDL drivers having diabetes can require that the driver see a doctor more often than annually.
FMCSA Regulations §391.64 Grandfathering for certain drivers participating in vision and ...