- What are the SB 329 reporting requirements? [Article]
ances.What are the SB 329 reporting requirements?
SB 329 was passed by the 2011 Legislature. It was co
- How to change school district boundary lines [Article]
Can you tell me how to initiate the process of changing a school district boundary line? The procedure for transferring territory from one district to another is contained in
- Laws protecting children and staff from other children [Article]
What are the laws protecting children, monitors and teachers from other students who bite, spit, hit, and cause physical harm? Students are subject to the requirements of 20-5
- What is the K-12 Course Code Mapping Tool? [Article]
What is the K-12 Course Code Mapping Tool?
To help districts determine which standardized codes apply, OPI has cr
- How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana what costs can be paid... [Article]
Q: How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana?
A: The state and county share "on-schedule costs" to provide funding for parent mileage contracts and a mileage reimbursement fo
- Busing-3 Mile Rule [Article]
Question: What are the guidelines of the "3 Mile Rule"? Answer:
MCA 20-10-101(2)(c)(i) states “resides
- Student searches/teacher liability [Article]
As a band and choir director I take many trips with students. I would like to know MY legal rights when it comes to searching bags etc. of students I suspect of having drugs, alcohol or
- immunization exemptions [Article]
...ons to immunizations?
Montana law states that school officials may not allow a student to attend...
- Trustees and gifts [Article]
When serving on the local school board the district administration gave school board members passes to all sporting events. It was accompanied with a letter of appreciation thanking scho
- Student suspension and expulsion [Article]
Unless a student is a special education student, it appears that there is no clear rule or regulation that sets a maximum number of days allowed for a student suspension. When does an ex
- School drop out age [Article]
At what age can a student drop out of school in Montana? Section 20-5-103 of the Montana statutes p...
- student records [Article]
What should we do when a student leaves our school and no other school requests his records? We have...
- School responsibility for students [Article]
When does the school accept responsibility for students? When they leave home or when they get to sc...
- Can schools charge fees for band class? [Article]
The school my son is attending has band NOT AS A CHOICE, but as part of their curriculum. Meaning every 5th and 6th grader has to take this class. The problem I have with this is that th
- parent advocacy - teacher training - [Article]
I'm wondering how schools are held accountable for guidance strategie
- Student threatening another student [Article]
...ave when his son is threatened at school, by another student. The o...
- Legal Responsibility of a teacher on a playground [Article]
If a school board was to allow contact sports at recess, what are t...s? As a general rule, teachers supervise students, provide proper ...
- Excessive excused absenses [Article]
Any suggestions to address excessive excused absences in a school policy? Some parents will call the school to excuse a child 20 to 30 times a year! School policies are establ
- Religion in the Classroom [Article]
I would like to know what is the criteria that determines whether or not a teacher is crossing over the line of religion in the classroom?
It is not
- Parent's right to placement of a child [Article]
...e placement of their child? We disagreed with placing our child in pre-second grade for the current school year for many reason's. We were told b