- What differences will Special Education Cooperatives see in the Terms of Employm... [Article]
What differences will Special Education Cooperatives see in the Terms of Employment, compared to school district reports?
- When are the standard K-12 Course Codes first needed? [Article]
When are the standard K-12 Course Codes first needed?
Districts were asked in May 2012 to map all their 2012-13 courses to the K
- If an employee of the elementary and high school is paid only using one of the d... [Article]
If an employee of the elementary and high school is paid only using one of the district’s budgets, why must I report the employee’s position under both di
- Why are position codes required for employees? [Article]
Why are position codes required for employees?
Position codes are needed to identify the
- Will SEIDs be required for any non-employees? [Article]
Will SEIDs be required for any non-employees?
Maybe. In order to document
- What is an SEID? [Article]
What is an SEID?
SEID means School Employee Identifier. The SEID number is a unique number assigned by OPI to ide
- Hours in a school day/year [Article]
How can I find out how much time is needed for a "unit" of time. Explain 2-01-301 MCA and what is required for aggregate hours for the year? Our school day is almost as long
- Attendance Centers [Article]
Q: What is an attendance center? A: An attendance center is a location where students regularly attend school at a location other than the regular school building. The atte
- Do substitute teachers in Montana need a Montana teaching certificate? [Article]
Montana law does not require that a substitute hold a teaching license and does not offer "substitute licenses". However, school districts may choose to employ only licensed teachers as substitutes, s...
- Breach of contract [Article]
I heard that there is a law that states if I have signed a contract to teach for the following year, I have until July 1st to resign from that contract. Is that true? Would there be any penalties fo...
- Accepted degrees-Online Colleges [Article]
Does Montana accept degrees from online universities or universities outside of Montana for Educator Licensing?
Montana's Administrative Rules for Educator Licensure require completion of an
- Who is responsible for assuring compliance with the Montana Accreditation Standa... [Article]
In Montana, the trustees of each school district are ultimately responsible for every aspect of the school district. Our Constitution establishes this model of strong local control in Ar
- parent advocacy - teacher training - [Article]
I'm wondering how schools are held accountable for guidance strategie
- Can Trustees tell a teacher how to teach? [Article]
Is it legal for a school board to tell its teachers HOW to teach if, up to this point, there has been no formal complaint about how the teachers were teaching? Your question d
- Librarian need and teacher contracts [Article]
Question #1:Does a K-12 school that has less than 100 students need a full-time librarian?
Question #2: By what date does a school board have to notify a teacher if he/she is going to be RIFed?
- Please define tenure for teachers. Is a teacher with tenure still reviewed? How ... [Article]
Montana law (Mont. Code Ann. §20-4-203) defines teacher tenure as "whenever a teacher has been elected by the offer and acceptance of a contract for the fourth consecutive year of e
- What is required for grades k-12 in montana; subjects activities? [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Standards, Chapter 55-11 thru 55-13: Academic Requirements Basic academic requirements form a solid foundation for each school’s educat
- How many hours are students and teachers required to spend per school day? How m... [Article]
Appendix E of the Montana School Accreditation Standards and Procedures Manual contains the Administrative Rules regarding the minutes per day and per year of pupil instruction. SCHOOL YEAR
- Enrollment Counts and ANB [Article]
Q: What is "ANB"?
A: ANB is Average Number Belonging, which is a student count used for state funding purposes.
Q: Will the school lose ANB if students are a
- Restrictions on middle school class loads for health enhancement classes [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Manual: 10.55.713 TEACHER LOAD AND CLASS SIZE: HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH, MIDDLE SCHOOL, AND GRADES 7 AND 8 BUDGETED AT HIGH SCHOOL RATES (1) In addition...