- Do American Indians pay taxes? [Article]
Yes, both tribes and individual American Indians pay taxes. Individual American Indians pay federal incometaxes and other taxes such as fuel and tobacco taxes. American Indians who work on a reservati...
- Do American Indians get money for just being American Indian? [Article]
No, American Indians do not receive payments from the federal government simply because they have AmericanIndian blood. An American Indian person may receive distribution funds based on mineral or agr...
- What does the term “Federally Recognized Tribe” mean? [Article]
“Federal Recognition” is a legal term meaning that the United States recognizes a government-to-governmentrelationship with a tribe and that a tribe exists politically as a “domestic...
- What is the relationship between the United States and the Tribes? [Article]
The relationship between the tribes and the United States is one of a sovereign government to another sovereign government. This principle has shaped the entire history of dealings between the
- What is the Federal Indian Trust Responsibility? [Article]
The Federal Indian Trust Responsibility is a legal obligation under which the United States has charged itselfwith moral obligations of the highest responsibility and trust toward American Indian trib...
- What are Treaty Rights? [Article]
From 1777 to 1871, United States relations with individual American Indian nations were conducted through treaty negotiations. These contracts among nations created unique sets of r
- Forgot my login! [Article]
If you have forgotten your login information to update your Universal Application, go to this page:
- Teacher's rights at school board meeting [Article]
What are my legal rights if a board member physically came at me during a school board meeting? I am a teacher at the school.
Answer: As a teacher, you can conta
- How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana what costs can be paid... [Article]
Q: How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana?
A: The state and county share "on-schedule costs" to provide funding for parent mileage contracts and a mileage reimbursement fo
- Bus Depreciation Fund [Article]
If your school owns a school bus or bus used to transport kids for athletics or activities, you should be familiar with the Bus Depreciation Fund.
Q: What is
- Nonresident/Out-of-District Transportation [Article]
Question: Which school district is responsible for transporting a student who attends outside his district of residence? Answer:
- Busing-3 Mile Rule [Article]
Question: What are the guidelines of the "3 Mile Rule"? Answer:
MCA 20-10-101(2)(c)(i) states “resides
- Bus Drivers First-Aid [Article]
Q: Are bus drivers required to have CPR training?
A: No, state law does not require CPR training to be certified for driving a school bus. BUT, it's a very good idea
- Preschool Teacher Qualifications - Head Start [Article]
What are the current requirements for Head Start teacher qualifications?
Each Head Start classroom in center-based programs must have a teacher w
- How long do I have to get my GED? [Article]
How long do I have to get my GED? The current test sunsets on December 31, 2013. After this date none of your previous scores will be counted. The new test will be computer-based
- Student Loan Forgiveness Programs - List of Low Income Schools [Article]
I am a first year teacher and I just read about Student Loan Forgiveness Programs. Can you tell me more about the program? Quality Educator Loan Forgiveness Program L
- How old do I have to be to get a GED? [Article]
How old must I be to get my GED? You must be 16 years, or older AND not enrolled in school.
- Back Button on Internet Explorer version 8 does not work [Article]
The OPI Web site uses iframe technology to embed information into some of our web pages. There is a well-known bug in internet Explorer 8 that the back button incorrectly focuses on the conten
- I keep getting disconnected after 30 minutes [Article]
Connecting to Citrix applications is an automatic, two-step process.
Step One, the Gateway. This is the web page that displays all the applications availa
- Saving PDF to the Local C drive [Article]
Some Windows users may experience problems saving reports to their local C drive's "OPI Reports" folder. This folder is typically created when you first save reports from one of our Citrix application...