- Budgets and Budget Limits [Article]
Q: Can a district avoid a budget overdraft by paying after 6/30 for goods and services received by 6/30?
A: No. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) require that goods and
- School District Budget Filing System [Article]
It is recommended that each school district superintendent keep the following items in a folder for each budget year: [This list shows major headings and contents of
- Bonds [Article]
Q: What should a school district do about outstanding bond coupons when the bond has matured? (I.e., when some of the bondholders have not presente
- Audit Requirements [Article]
Q; Does every School have to have an audit?
A: State law says a school district that receives $ 200,000 or more in total revenues in a year has to have an audit for t
- Administrator Housing Allowance [Article]
Question: Can the district rent a dwelling for an administrator in order to be in close proximity to the school campus? If so, is the rental amount to be included in
- Bank Loans Permissible? [Article]
Question: Are school districts required to borrow funds only from the Board of Investments rather than from a bank? Answer:
- ANB-10 Day Rule [Article]
Q: Is a school district required to drop a student after 10 days of absence?
A: No. Trustees may adopt policies regarding penalties for behavior of students, including exc
- Detention Center Education & Payments [Article]
Question: Does Montana Law require an educational program for kids in regional and county youth detention centers? Who pays educational costs for students in yo
- Can a school drop an enrolled student after an absence of 10 consecutive school ... [Article]
In connection with enrollment count, 20-9-311 (6) provides:
- Full Time Kindergarten (FTK) Q & A's [Article]
Below are frequently asked questions about funding Full-Time Kindergarten (FTK):
Q: I just received the official email announcing that updated FY2008 Budge
- Construction Grants and Loans [Article]
Question: Where can I find more information about grants, loans, and other financing options for school construction projects? Answer: 1.
- How can school districts combine or merge? [Article]
Question: How can school districts combine or merge? Answer:
There are two ways that school districts c
- Restrictions on middle school class loads for health enhancement classes [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Manual: 10.55.713 TEACHER LOAD AND CLASS SIZE: HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH, MIDDLE SCHOOL, AND GRADES 7 AND 8 BUDGETED AT HIGH SCHOOL RATES (1) In addition...
- Required TB screening for new teaching staff [Article]
The ARM is under DPHHS rules and is as set forth below. If you have any additional questions, please let us know. Legal Division Office of Public Instruction Helena, MT 59620 406.444-4402 37.114.1010 ...
- Health enhancement curriculum content and credits/sex ed [Article]
High school graduation requires 1 unit of health enhancement, with 1/2 unit for each of two years. The program is to include age-appropriate content in physical activity, nutrition, alcohol/tobacco/dr...
- Required Health Enhancement hours for primary grades [Article]
The answers to your questions can be found in the Montana Accreditation Standards:
Elementary schools are to provide health enhancement but ...
- What are the timeframes for the E-Grants applications: Applications, allocations... [Article]
E-Grants applications are planned to be available on or about May 1st with preliminary allocations (Final allocations are not known until sometime in July) LEAs can choose
- When are Final Expenditure Reports due for E-Grants projects? [Article]
Due dates for Final Expenditure reports or Fiscal Closeout reports through E-Grants: Projects that end June 30th - Final Expenditure Reports are due August 10th
- When is carryover added to my budget through E-Grants and how do I request these... [Article]
Carryover funds are automatically added to the LEA's current year budget, as soon as the the previous year's Final Expenditure report or Fiscal Closeout report is approved/accepted
- What happens if a school does not comply with state law if students cannot show... [Article]
The Montana law regarding immunization is set forth below. 20-5-403. Immunization required -- release and acceptance of immunization records. (1) The governing authority of any school other than a pos...