- Title VI is confusing --- so what ARE the parts of Title VI? [Article]
Title VI has three parts and each district is eligible fo
- We updated to Internet Explorer 7. Is there anything we need to do to enter da... [Article]
Introduction to Internet Explorer 7
Adding the Infinite Campus site t
- How should a student participating in a Job Corps program be recorded in the AIM... [Article]
The answer depends on the kind of program the student is pursuing through the Job Corps. EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT: The Office of Public Instruction considers the student still enrolled in the school if ...
- How should a student working at home, through an on-line academic program, be re... [Article]
It depends on the situation: Distance Learning: If the student is enrolled in a program or course at district expense using electronic or offsite delivery methods, including distance learning progra...
- Please send me information about how to home school in Montana. [Article]
The Office of Public Instruction receives dozens of calls each year from people with questions about private/nonpublic schooling. Many request OPI provide a summary of Montana law pertaining to home
- Full-Time Kindergarten One-Time-Only Payment for Start-up Costs for Full-Time Ki... [Article]
Question: How do I apply for the one-time-only start up costs for implementing FTK? Answer: When OPI receives a signed copy of the PAA-3 Form, Section 6 from the school
- Isolation Status [Article]
Q: What is isolation status?
A: State law (MCA 20-9-302 and 303) requires that an elementary distri
- Enrollment Counts and ANB [Article]
Q: What is "ANB"?
A: ANB is Average Number Belonging, which is a student count used for state funding purposes.
Q: Will the school lose ANB if students are a
- Elections--Posting Notices [Article]
Q: Can an ad be posted in the legal section of the newspaper to post the notice of election?
A: According to the Secretary of State's
- Consolidation/Annexation [Article]
Q: What is a consolidation?
A: Consolidation results in one new district in place of two or more districts that consolidate.
(MCA 20-6-203) Elem --
- Closure of Funds [Article]
Debt Service Fund
MCA 20-9-443: When the bonds are paid off, the money in the debt service fund may be transferred into the Building Reserve
- Cancellation of Warrants [Article]
Q: When can a school district cancel a warrant?
A: MCA 20-9-223 allows cancellation of a warrant outstanding (unredeemed) after 1
- What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofession... [Article]
What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofessionals? The administrative rule adopted by the Board of Public Education in relation to Instructional Aides/Paras
- Building Reserve Fund [Article]
Q: What is the last date to hold an election on the Building Reserve Fund?
A: Section 20-9-502, MCA
- Budgets and Budget Limits [Article]
Q: Can a district avoid a budget overdraft by paying after 6/30 for goods and services received by 6/30?
A: No. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) require that goods and
- School District Budget Filing System [Article]
It is recommended that each school district superintendent keep the following items in a folder for each budget year: [This list shows major headings and contents of
- Bonds [Article]
Q: What should a school district do about outstanding bond coupons when the bond has matured? (I.e., when some of the bondholders have not presente
- Audit Requirements [Article]
Q; Does every School have to have an audit?
A: State law says a school district that receives $ 200,000 or more in total revenues in a year has to have an audit for t
- Administrator Housing Allowance [Article]
Question: Can the district rent a dwelling for an administrator in order to be in close proximity to the school campus? If so, is the rental amount to be included in
- Bank Loans Permissible? [Article]
Question: Are school districts required to borrow funds only from the Board of Investments rather than from a bank? Answer: