- Can Trustees tell a teacher how to teach? [Article]
Is it legal for a school board to tell its teachers HOW to teach if, up to this point, there has been no formal complaint about how the teachers were teaching? Your question d
- School Board member speaking out [Article]
Can a School Board member speak about a specific individual without them being present at a public meeting in regard to a position and adding something negative about that person?
- Religion in the Classroom [Article]
I would like to know what is the criteria that determines whether or not a teacher is crossing over the line of religion in the classroom?
It is not
- Librarian need and teacher contracts [Article]
Question #1:Does a K-12 school that has less than 100 students need a full-time librarian?
Question #2: By what date does a school board have to notify a teacher if he/she is going to be RIFed?
- School board meetings [Article]
If we feel that there are issues about how our school board meetings are being ran is there something we as a community and parents can do? **Example have someone take notes,or can we le
- Parent's right to placement of a child [Article]
Does a parent have the right to choose the placement of their child? We disagreed with placing our child in pre-second grade for the current school year for many reason's. We were told b
- What are the current Head Start teacher qualifications? [Article]
What are the current requirements for Head Start teacher qualifications? Each Head Start classroom in center-based programs must have a teacher who has at least one of the fo
- I am interested in teaching in Indian Education. How do I find information on ap... [Article]
Please go to the OPI home page, mouse over resources, and then click on the school jobs and employment. The jobs in Indian Education or that are in Indian Schools aren't separated by categor
- Where can I find information on the Internet to help me with resources and curri... [Article]
There are several websites available online that may provide the answers you are looking for. A good place to start is do a search on Google. Go to http://www.google.com and type in the name of the tr...
- Please define tenure for teachers. Is a teacher with tenure still reviewed? How ... [Article]
Montana law (Mont. Code Ann. §20-4-203) defines teacher tenure as "whenever a teacher has been elected by the offer and acceptance of a contract for the fourth consecutive year of e
- What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofessio... [Article]
The administrative rule adopted by the Board of Public Education in relation to Instructional Aides/Paras is set forth below. A school district may also have policies that deal with this
- This article contains general troubleshooting tips for QuickTime software on W... [Article]
Although the following tips are related to Microsoft Windows and PC hardware/software configuration, these steps may help to resolve issues.
* Make sure yo
- What is required for grades k-12 in montana; subjects activities? [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Standards, Chapter 55-11 thru 55-13: Academic Requirements Basic academic requirements form a solid foundation for each school’s educat
- What is an Alternative License? [Article]
Entry level license for candidates who might meet some but not all of the above requirements for the Class 1, 2, 3 or 6 licenses.
- How do I add an endorsement to my license? [Article]
To add an endorsement to a Montana License, you must complete the equivalent of a teaching major or minor from an NCATE or state approved college or university.
- How many hours are students and teachers required to spend per school day? How m... [Article]
Appendix E of the Montana School Accreditation Standards and Procedures Manual contains the Administrative Rules regarding the minutes per day and per year of pupil instruction. SCHOOL YEAR
- White or gray video when you play a movie with QuickTime or missing software mes... [Article]
When you play a movie with QuickTime, you might sometimes be able to hear the sound, but not see the picture. Instead, you see a white or gray screen.
- I can't seem to login as I usually do I can only use the web site. Has th... [Article]
Your client is still using the outdated domain name to log into METNET, "first.metnet.state.mt.us."
- Is my district eligible to participate in Title VIB - RLIS? [Article]
District staff are asking if Title VIB - RLIS is the same as the SRSA funds from the US Department of Education. They are NOT the same! Districts receiving SRSA (sometimes ca
- Title VI is confusing --- so what ARE the parts of Title VI? [Article]
Title VI has three parts and each district is eligible fo