- Parent's right to placement of a child [Article]
Does a parent have the right to choose the placement of their child? We disagreed with placing our child in pre-second grade for the current school year for many reason's. We were told b
- I am interested in teaching in Indian Education. How do I find information on ap... [Article]
...d then click on the school jobs and employment. The jobs in Indian Education or that are in Indian Schools aren't separated by categor
- What is Indian Education for All? [Article]
Documentation related to Indian Education for All can be found at the OPI website at: http://www.opi.mt.gov/Programs/IndianEd/Index.html
- Where can I find information on the Internet to help me with resources and curri... [Article]
There are several websites available online that may provide the answers you are looking for. A good place to start is do a search on Google. Go to http://www.google.com and type in the name of the tr...
- How do I get a copy of the Montana school law book? [Article]
Montana's school laws are published in the School Laws of Montana.
The latest version available is the 2009 edition.
- Please define tenure for teachers. Is a teacher with tenure still reviewed? How ... [Article]
Montana law (Mont. Code Ann. §20-4-203) defines teacher tenure as "whenever a teacher has been elected by the offer and acceptance of a contract for the fourth consecutive year of e
- How do I register as an online school provider? What are the laws and rules? [Article]
In accordance with ARM 10.55.907 Distance, Online, and Technology Delivered Learning (1) This rule establishes requirements for distance, online, and technology delivered learning progra
- What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofessio... [Article]
The administrative rule adopted by the Board of Public Education in relation to Instructional Aides/Paras is set forth below. A school district may also have policies that deal with this
- What is required for grades k-12 in montana; subjects activities? [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Standards, Chapter 55-11 thru 55-13: Academic Requirements Basic academic requirements form a solid foundation for each school’s educat
- What is the average teacher's salary in the state of Montana? [Article]
Teacher salaries are determined by local school districts through locally developed bargaining procedures. Some salary information may be available from the Montana Education Association
- Our school has an elementary/jr. high P.E. position open. If it is filled with a... [Article]
Yes, that person would be "misassigned" and the district would receive a "ding".
- How many hours are students and teachers required to spend per school day? How m... [Article]
Appendix E of the Montana School Accreditation Standards and Procedures Manual contains the Administrative Rules regarding the minutes per day and per year of pupil instruction. SCHOOL YEAR
- Title VI is confusing --- so what ARE the parts of Title VI? [Article]
Title VI has three parts and each district is eligible fo
- We updated to Internet Explorer 7. Is there anything we need to do to enter da... [Article]
Introduction to Internet Explorer 7
Adding the Infinite Campus site t
- How should a student participating in a Job Corps program be recorded in the AIM... [Article]
The answer depends on the kind of program the student is pursuing through the Job Corps. EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT: The Office of Public Instruction considers the student still enrolled in the school if ...
- How should a student working at home, through an on-line academic program, be re... [Article]
It depends on the situation: Distance Learning: If the student is enrolled in a program or course at district expense using electronic or offsite delivery methods, including distance learning progra...
- Hiring Practices [Article]
Question: Is a school district required to advertise a position opening? Answer: There is no state or federal law prohibiting hiring without advertisement of the
- Guarateed Tax Base (GTB) [Article]
What is Guaranteed Tax Base?
The Guaranteed Tax Base Aid program (GTB), is a state program related to school funding in Montana. The statutes covering GTB are MCA 20-9-3
- Isolation Status [Article]
Q: What is isolation status?
A: State law (MCA 20-9-302 and 303) requires that an elementary distri
- Elections--Posting Notices [Article]
Q: Can an ad be posted in the legal section of the newspaper to post the notice of election?
A: According to the Secretary of State's