- Discipline-Has the definition of “day” regarding the 45 day removal changed? [Article]
Has the definition of “day” regarding the 45 day removal changed?
The 45 day disciplinary removal to an interim alternative educational setting has changed from
- student records [Article]
...chool and no other school requests his records? We have waited over a month for a records request. Schools are required to maintai
- Discipline- What issues may a school district consider when deciding to order a ... [Article]
What issues may a school district consider when deciding to order a change in placement for a child with disabilities due to a violation of a school district code of conduct?
- Why don't we qualify for RLI? [Article]
Our District has a very high percentage of students who qualify for the free and reduced lunch program. Why doesn’t the district qualify for the Rural and Low-Income program? &ldq
- What are the provisions of the RLIS program? [Article]
What are the provisions of the RLIS program? The Rural and Low-Income School (RLIS) component of REAP provides districts with funding allocated through the OPI the same as ot
- How is eligibility determined for ESEA Title VI programs? [Article]
... VI programs? 1. To be eligible for the SRSA program, districts must have: • an average daily attendance of 600 students or less and • b
- Special education records [Article]
How long do you keep a student's IEP after they have graduated and left the school? Is there a release form or something that must be signed before you may destroy the records?
All of the inform...
- What is the purpose of ESEA Title VI? [Article]
What is the purpose of ESEA Title VI? ESEA Title VI provides federal funding flexibility to help school raise student achievement. Part A of ESEA Title VI provides general transfe
- How do I determine the ESEA Title VI program component my district is eligible f... [Article]
...termine the ESEA Title VI program component my district is eligible for?
Go to the Small, Rural School Achievement Program page on the US Department of education website at h
- Title IV, Part B, subpart 2 - Small, Rural School Achievement (SRSA) grants [Article]
...r the grant from the Federal government using the e-payments (AKA "GAPS) system. [NOTE: Small Rural Schools funding un
- How long is my Montana background check valid? [Article]
How long is my Montana background check valid? The fingerprint background check is valid for licensure for a period of two years, based upon the processing date on the report. The date of re
- Non-OPI licensed counselors - Licensed Addiction Counselors [Article]
Does OPI license all counselors who work in the schools? Guidance counselors are licensed by the Office of Public Instruction as school counselors. These individuals may also serve as indivi
- Administrative licenses - requirements [Article]
What are the requirements for an administrative license?
Please see requirements and application materials at http:// www
- Do substitute teachers need a Montana teaching certificate? [Article]
Do substitute teachers need a Montana teaching certificate? Montana law does not require that a substitute hold a teaching license and does not offer "substitute licenses". However, school
- Teacher pay in Montana [Article]
What is the average pay for a teacher in the state of Montana?
Salaries in Montana are determined by collective bargaining agreements in 200+ local school district and staff bargaining
- Using the General Fund Operating Reserve: [Article]
Under what conditions can a district use money from their General Fund Operating Reserves?
Operating reserves provide limited
- Transfer Between Funds [Article]
What are the general requirements for transferring cash and/or budget authority between funds? Question: What cash and budget transfers are specifically allowed under sc
- How to change school district boundary lines [Article]
Can you tell me how to initiate the process of changing a school district boundary line? The procedure for transferring territory from one district to another is contained in
- annexation - teacher tenure [Article]
Are any rights that tenured teachers have in a school that is closing to be included in a school they are annexing to? Can tenured teachers from the closing school have first chance for
- School responsibility for students [Article]
When does the school accept responsibility for students? When they leave home or when they get to school? Is it the law? Montana law provides that a student is subject to the