- Where will the studentís placement be if the behavior is a manifestation of the ... [Article]
Where will the student’s placement be if the behavior is a manifestation of the disability? The student will be returned to the placement that was in effect prior to the remo
- What must the school do if the behavior was a manifestation of the disability? [Article]
What must the school do if the behavior was a manifestation of the disability? The school must conduct a functional behavioral assessment, unless the school had conducted one previ
- When must a manifestation determination be conducted? [Article]
When must a manifestation determination be conducted?
A child’s IEP team must conduct a manifestation determination meeting whenever it proposes to change the educational placem
- Manifestation Determination - timeframe for IEP meeting [Article]
What is the timeframe for conducting this IEP meeting?
The school must conduct the IEP meeting within 10 school days of the decision to change the student’s educational placemen
- What must the IEP team review to determine whether the behavior is a manifestati... [Article]
What must the IEP team review to determine whether the behavior is a manifestation of the child’s disability?
The team must review all relevant information in the c
- Are there additional requirements when school districts use Part B funds for ear... [Article]
Are there additional requirements when school districts use Part B funds for early intervening services? Yes. Each school district that develops and maintains a system of early int
- What types of activities are included in Early Intervening Services? [Article]
What types of activities are included in Early Intervening Services? Activities that can be funded as early intervening services include:
Professional development fo
- What are early intervening services? [Article]
The IDEA 2004 allows a school district to use up to 15 percent of its Part B funds to provide support to students who have not been identified as eligible for special education services. These
- Conditions for non-identification of special ed student by district - IDEA 2004 [Article]
What are the two additional conditions under which a school district would not be deemed to have knowledge that a student is a student with disabilities?
1) The parent has not
- Special education eligiblity based on behavior or performance - IDEA 2004 rule [Article]
In IDEA ’97, a school was thought to have knowledge that a student not yet eligible for special education is a student with disabilities if he or she demonstrated behavior or performance in
- Discipline- timeline for expedited due process hearings [Article]
Has the timeline for an expedited due process hearing changed?
The expedited hearing must take place within 20 school days of the hearing request and a determination shall be issued w
- Discipline - new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal [Article]
What new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal has been added? A school is permitted to remove a child to an interim alternative educational setting for 45 school days
- Student searches/teacher liability [Article]
As a band and choir director I take many trips with students. I would like to know MY legal rights when it comes to searching bags etc. of students I suspect of having drugs, alcohol or
- Observing child's class [Article]
I am interested in observing in my daughter's science class periodically. Is there ever a reason a parent would be denied this opportunity?? I would not speak or assist or interrupt--simply there to...
- Deadline for signing teacher contract [Article]
What is the dead-line for signing your teaching contract for the next school year? After signing a contract for the next year, do you have a certain amount of time to back out of the contract before...
- Trustees and gifts [Article]
When serving on the local school board the district administration gave school board members passes to all sporting events. It was accompanied with a letter of appreciation thanking scho
- Discpline- What new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal has been ... [Article]
What new special circumstance for the 45 school day removal has been added?
A school is permitted to remove a child to an interim alternative educational setting for 45 school day
- Open admission [Article]
What is open admission? Is it the law? How do I know which schools have open admission? Must the school district have a policy in their policy manual stating that they have open admissio
- Breach of contract [Article]
I heard that there is a law that states if I have signed a contract to teach for the following year, I have until July 1st to resign from that contract. Is that true? Would there be any penalties fo...
- School drop out age [Article]
At what age can a student drop out of school in Montana? Section 20-5-103 of the Montana statutes provides that a student has to attend school until the later of the following