- Washing Apples or Pears [Article]
I was wondering, I am told NOT to wash apples or pears in our school kitchen as it takes off the "shine". Is it common practice to not wash the fruit for the children? Thank you for yo
- Qualifications for school nurse [Article]
The National Board for Certification of School Nurses issues certifications for school nurses. This is a credential that identifies leadership and advanced knowledge in the field of school nur
- Teacher's rights at school board meeting [Article]
What are my legal rights if a board member physically came at me during a school board meeting? I am a teacher at the school.
Answer: As a teacher, you can conta
- What is GEMS? [Article]
Where can I find information about GEMS?
GEMS (Growth and Enhancement of Montana Students is Montana’s statewide longitudinal education data center.
- How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana what costs can be paid... [Article]
Q: How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana?
A: The state and county share "on-schedule costs" to provide funding for parent mileage contracts and a mileage reimbursement fo
- Bus Depreciation Fund [Article]
If your school owns a school bus or bus used to transport kids for athletics or activities, you should be familiar with the Bus Depreciation Fund.
Q: What is
- Busing-3 Mile Rule [Article]
Question: What are the guidelines of the "3 Mile Rule"? Answer:
MCA 20-10-101(2)(c)(i) states “resides
- Bus Drivers First-Aid [Article]
Q: Are bus drivers required to have CPR training?
A: No, state law does not require CPR training to be certified for driving a school bus. BUT, it's a very good idea
- Scanning paper student records [Article]
We are a school district with a lot of student records that we are required to keep permanently. Can we scan the paper copies and then destroy the paper copies?
Per Administrative Rule
- Preschool Teacher Qualifications - Head Start [Article]
What are the current requirements for Head Start teacher qualifications?
Each Head Start classroom in center-based programs must have a teacher w
- Student Loan Forgiveness Programs - List of Low Income Schools [Article]
I am a first year teacher and I just read about Student Loan Forgiveness Programs. Can you tell me more about the program? Quality Educator Loan Forgiveness Program L
- How old do I have to be to get a GED? [Article]
How old must I be to get my GED? You must be 16 years, or older AND not enrolled in school.
- Verify GED completion [Article]
Whom do I contact to verify if a person has been awarded a GED?
The GED staff at OPI can help you. Please contact: Carol Flynn, ABE Specialist Phone:
- Free and Reduced Lunch counts [Article]
Where do I find data and information about the numbers of schools that qualify for free and reduced lunches?
We post free and reduced lunch counts on our OPI webpage, from the “O
- State Library Directory - Instructions [Article]
My high school students are doing a research paper. I would like them to be able to use the resources at MSL. How do we access them? I have a password for something called Edit Path and a library
- IASA [Article]
Improving America's School Act
- Pupil Transportation--Unsecure Items [Article]
Q: Does having a bottle of cleaning fluid on the dash of the bus, or an unsecured carton with "stuff" in it present a dangerous situation for bus riders? A:&nbs
- Drug Testing [Article]
How do you know if a person is covered by the Federal Random Drug testing rule…
Ask the following questions:
A. Is the person an employee or employer?
- Diploma verification [Article]
Whom do I contact to verify a person’s high school diploma? Contact the high school that granted the diploma. Find contact information for the schools in the Directory of Montana Sc
- School Records - How long should we keep? [Article]
... to keep student records and how many years does one need to keep federal grant applications? The School District's records retention schedules are in