- Busing-3 Mile Rule [Article]
Question: What are the guidelines of the "3 Mile Rule"? Answer:
MCA 20-10-101(2)(c)(i) states “resides
- Bus Drivers First-Aid [Article]
Q: Are bus drivers required to have CPR training?
A: No, state law does not require CPR training to be certified for driving a school bus. BUT, it's a very good idea
- Scanning paper student records [Article]
We are a school district with a lot of student records that we are required to keep permanently. Can we scan the paper copies and then destroy the paper copies?
Per Administrative Rule
- Preschool Teacher Qualifications - Head Start [Article]
What are the current requirements for Head Start teacher qualifications?
Each Head Start classroom in center-based programs must have a teacher w
- Student Loan Forgiveness Programs - List of Low Income Schools [Article]
I am a first year teacher and I just read about Student Loan Forgiveness Programs. Can you tell me more about the program? Quality Educator Loan Forgiveness Program L
- How old do I have to be to get a GED? [Article]
How old must I be to get my GED? You must be 16 years, or older AND not enrolled in school.
- Verify GED completion [Article]
Whom do I contact to verify if a person has been awarded a GED?
The GED staff at OPI can help you. Please contact: Carol Flynn, ABE Specialist Phone:
- Free and Reduced Lunch counts [Article]
Where do I find data and information about the numbers of schools that qualify for free and reduced lunches?
We post free and reduced lunch counts on our OPI webpage, from the “O
- State Library Directory - Instructions [Article]
My high school students are doing a research paper. I would like them to be able to use the resources at MSL. How do we access them? I have a password for something called Edit Path and a library
- IASA [Article]
Improving America's School Act
- Pupil Transportation--Unsecure Items [Article]
Q: Does having a bottle of cleaning fluid on the dash of the bus, or an unsecured carton with "stuff" in it present a dangerous situation for bus riders? A:&nbs
- Drug Testing [Article]
How do you know if a person is covered by the Federal Random Drug testing rule…
Ask the following questions:
A. Is the person an employee or employer?
- Diploma verification [Article]
Whom do I contact to verify a person’s high school diploma? Contact the high school that granted the diploma. Find contact information for the schools in the Directory of Montana Sc
- School Records - How long should we keep? [Article]
... to keep student records and how many years does one need to keep federal grant applications? The School District's records retention schedules are in
- Get a Domain name for your School [Article]
Looking for a domain name for your Montana school district (MySchool.k12.mt.us)?
- Listing of School Web sites [Article]
Many schools have posted their web addresses on our website at: http://www.metnet.mt.gov/schoolweb/ The Montana League of Cities has a page on their site with a list of links to those Monta
- Special Education Evaluation [Article]
I'm a Speech Pathologist - when communication has been checked on an evaluation plan, I have always assumed that a full and complete evaluation needed to be completed. My question: Is this a c
- Do substitute teachers in Montana need a Montana teaching certificate? [Article]
Montana law does not require that a substitute hold a teaching license and does not offer "substitute licenses". However, school districts may choose to employ only licensed teachers as substitutes, s...
- Alternative Schools [Article]
Bozeman Public Schools
- Accomodations for horse ridden to school [Article]
If a student rides a horse to school, is the school required to provide facilities and accommodations for the horse?
Required? No. This would be an item for a school board to consider