- I missed earlier email messages from OPI concerning the School Staffing project ... [Article]
I missed earlier email messages from OPI concerning the School staffing project and I want to catch up! Where can I find archived messages?
- Where can I find a general description of the School Staffing Project? [Article]
Where can I find a general description of the School Staffing Project?
- When I try to login to IRIS to enter my school district's data, I keep gett... [Article]
The "Under Construction" error is due to the user not completely closing out a Web Browser window. Typically users only keep one browser window open at a time, when they close that
- What is the state law regarding hiring registered violent offenders? [Article]
Are there any state or federal laws that prohibits a school district from hiring a registered violent offender? Not as a teacher, but as a staff position with student contact (ie maintenance,
- WIDA ACCESS for ELLs Test shipping and Logistical questions [Article]
TEST SHIPPING AND LOGISTICAL QUESTIONS
I don't have a barcode label for a student; is every line on the back of the booklet (Student ID, # of years req
- What are the qualifications for WIDA Test Administrators? [Article]
TEST ADMINISTRATION QUESTIONS (WIDA) What are the qualifications for Test Administrators?
Test Administrators should be a certified staff member (classroom teacher,
- Hours in a school day/year [Article]
How can I find out how much time is needed for a "unit" of time. Explain 2-01-301 MCA and what is required for aggregate hours for the year? Our school day is almost as long
- Technology Readiness Tool [Article]
August 30, 2012
The Technology Readiness Tool (TRT) will give Montana schools a convenient way to capture and report on indicators of their technology readiness for the Sm
- What are the sanctions for schools that use Title I money? [Article]
Schools using Title I money that fail to meet the federal standard for two consecutive years must offer all students the choice to transfer to another public school in the district. Schools that fai
- How are students measured by the NCLB Act? [Article]
Schools are required to meet 41 benchmarks for student achievement under No Child Left Behind. A school’s adequate yearly progress is calculated based on test participation, academic achieveme
- Can a school use excess reserves to pay for a base increase on teacher salary pe... [Article]
Yes, pursuant to MCA, 20-9-161(5)(a), excess reserves could be used to pay for a base increase on teacher’s salary. However, it is a one-time funding source, so we would questio
- Do American Indians pay taxes? [Article]
Yes, both tribes and individual American Indians pay taxes. Individual American Indians pay federal incometaxes and other taxes such as fuel and tobacco taxes. American Indians who work on a reservati...
- When is American Indian Heritage Day? [Article]
In 1997, the Montana Legislature passed into law MCA 20-1-306, designating the fourth Friday in September as American Indian Heritage Day. Under this law, schools are to conduct app
- Viewing Applications [Article]
The collection of online applications is available only to Montana School Districts. It is a secure site and requires individual district logins. If you are a representative of a Monta
- Washing Apples or Pears [Article]
I was wondering, I am told NOT to wash apples or pears in our school kitchen as it takes off the "shine". Is it common practice to not wash the fruit for the children? Thank you for yo
- Qualifications for school nurse [Article]
The National Board for Certification of School Nurses issues certifications for school nurses. This is a credential that identifies leadership and advanced knowledge in the field of school nur
- Teacher's rights at school board meeting [Article]
What are my legal rights if a board member physically came at me during a school board meeting? I am a teacher at the school.
Answer: As a teacher, you can conta
- What is GEMS? [Article]
Where can I find information about GEMS?
GEMS (Growth and Enhancement of Montana Students is Montana’s statewide longitudinal education data center.
- How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana what costs can be paid... [Article]
Q: How is the cost of pupil transportation funded in Montana?
A: The state and county share "on-schedule costs" to provide funding for parent mileage contracts and a mileage reimbursement fo
- Bus Depreciation Fund [Article]
If your school owns a school bus or bus used to transport kids for athletics or activities, you should be familiar with the Bus Depreciation Fund.
Q: What is