- Non-Resident CDL Holder [Article]
A driver who holds an out of state CDL has 30 days to get a Montana CDL. During this time, they can go ahead and start working for the school district.
- Renewing or Receiving Medical Certification for School Bus Drivers and CDL Holde... [Article]
New Medical Requirements for CDL holders: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is now requiring that all interstate/intrastate commercial motor vehicle
- Permanent Records [Article]
When a record is listed as "keep permanently", can we keep an electronic version of the document and destroy the paper document?
- "Home School" driver's education [Article]
We live in a very remote area far from the local high school that offers driver’s education courses. Is it possible to “home-school” our teen in driver’s educatio
- Private Lessons for Adults [Article]
I am an adult who has just moved to Montana from a foreign country and would like to learn how to drive. Are there any schools or teachers available to prepare me for the required driver&rsquo
- Proof of Course for Insurance [Article]
My teen took driver’s education at our high school but has no written proof that they completed the course. Where can I get a letter or a certificate for my insurance company?
- What state rules govern students’ eligibility to take driver’s education in our ... [Article]
The state requires approved traffic education programs to admit any student who will be 14.5 on or before the completion date of the scheduled driver education course. The student does not need to b
- Private State Approved Driver Ed courses [Article]
My teen will be 15 soon but the drivers ed course at our local high school conflicts with their sports schedule. Are there any private state-approved driver’s education courses ava
- When I try to login to IRIS to enter my school district's data, I keep gett... [Article]
Note: The Montana Office of Public Instruction no longer has data entry applications that require the use of the C
- Spring 2013 SMARTER Pilot Voluntary Parcipation [Article]
Does participation in a Spring 2013 SMARTER pilot test mean we do not participate in the CRT?
- What differences will Special Education Cooperatives see in the Terms of Employm... [Article]
What differences will Special Education Cooperatives see in the Terms of Employment, compared to school district reports?
- Why does OPI need the employee’s contracted amount at the beginning of a school ... [Article]
Why does OPI need the employee’s contracted amount at the beginning of a school year? What will the information be used for?
- What amount should we reported if an employee’s compensation for the fiscal year... [Article]
What amount should we reported if an employee’s compensation for the fiscal year has not been completely paid to an employee by the end of that fiscal year? For
- How can our school get credit for aggregate hours for having structured recess? [Article]
How can our school get credit for aggregate hours for having structured recess?
Unstructured recess time will not be included as a
- What is the K-12 Course Code Mapping Tool? [Article]
What is the K-12 Course Code Mapping Tool?
To help districts determine which standardized codes apply, OPI has cr
- Why do we need a standardized set of course codes? [Article]
Why do we need a standardized set of course codes?
As Montana builds its statewide longitudinal data system for P‐20 educa
- What should the position code “RT01 Retiree-Non Employee Receiving Benefits” be ... [Article]
What should the position code "RT01 Retiree-Non Employee Receiving Benefits" be used for?
RT01 Retiree-Non Employ
- If an employee of the elementary and high school is paid only using one of the d... [Article]
If an employee of the elementary and high school is paid only using one of the district’s budgets, why must I report the employee’s position under both di
- If an employee has a stipend for having extra training or experience, should I r... [Article]
If an employee has a stipend for having extra training or experience, should I report this as a separate position code or extra duty assignment?
- Should “extra duty” assignment, such as debate team coach, coaching, and other e... [Article]
Should "extra duty" assignment, such as debate team coach, coaching, and other extracurricular assignments, be reported using separate position codes?