- How many hours are students and teachers required to spend per school day? How m... [Article]
Appendix E of the Montana School Accreditation Standards and Procedures Manual contains the Administrative Rules regarding the minutes per day and per year of pupil instruction. SCHOOL YEAR
- Title VI is confusing --- so what ARE the parts of Title VI? [Article]
Title VI has three parts and each district is eligible fo
- We updated to Internet Explorer 7. Is there anything we need to do to enter da... [Article]
Introduction to Internet Explorer 7
Adding the Infinite Campus site t
- How should a student participating in a Job Corps program be recorded in the AIM... [Article]
The answer depends on the kind of program the student is pursuing through the Job Corps. EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT: The Office of Public Instruction considers the student still enrolled in the school if ...
- How should a student working at home, through an on-line academic program, be re... [Article]
It depends on the situation: Distance Learning: If the student is enrolled in a program or course at district expense using electronic or offsite delivery methods, including distance learning progra...
- Hiring Practices [Article]
Question: Is a school district required to advertise a position opening? Answer: There is no state or federal law prohibiting hiring without advertisement of the
- Guarateed Tax Base (GTB) [Article]
What is Guaranteed Tax Base?
The Guaranteed Tax Base Aid program (GTB), is a state program related to school funding in Montana. The statutes covering GTB are MCA 20-9-3
- Isolation Status [Article]
Q: What is isolation status?
A: State law (MCA 20-9-302 and 303) requires that an elementary distri
- Elections--Posting Notices [Article]
Q: Can an ad be posted in the legal section of the newspaper to post the notice of election?
A: According to the Secretary of State's
- Consolidation/Annexation [Article]
Q: What is a consolidation?
A: Consolidation results in one new district in place of two or more districts that consolidate.
(MCA 20-6-203) Elem --
- Closure of Funds [Article]
Debt Service Fund
MCA 20-9-443: When the bonds are paid off, the money in the debt service fund may be transferred into the Building Reserve
- Cancellation of Warrants [Article]
Q: When can a school district cancel a warrant?
A: MCA 20-9-223 allows cancellation of a warrant outstanding (unredeemed) after 1
- What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofession... [Article]
What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofessionals? The administrative rule adopted by the Board of Public Education in relation to Instructional Aides/Paras
- Building Reserve Fund [Article]
Q: What is the last date to hold an election on the Building Reserve Fund?
A: Section 20-9-502, MCA
- Bonds [Article]
Q: What should a school district do about outstanding bond coupons when the bond has matured? (I.e., when some of the bondholders have not presente
- Audit Requirements [Article]
Q; Does every School have to have an audit?
A: State law says a school district that receives $ 200,000 or more in total revenues in a year has to have an audit for t
- Administrator Housing Allowance [Article]
Question: Can the district rent a dwelling for an administrator in order to be in close proximity to the school campus? If so, is the rental amount to be included in
- Bank Loans Permissible? [Article]
Question: Are school districts required to borrow funds only from the Board of Investments rather than from a bank? Answer:
- Detention Center Education & Payments [Article]
Question: Does Montana Law require an educational program for kids in regional and county youth detention centers? Who pays educational costs for students in yo
- Full Time Kindergarten (FTK) Q & A's [Article]
Below are frequently asked questions about funding Full-Time Kindergarten (FTK):
Q: I just received the official email announcing that updated FY2008 Budge