- Consolidation/Annexation [Article]
Q: What is a consolidation?
A: Consolidation results in one new district in place of two or more districts that consolidate.
(MCA 20-6-203) Elem --
- Closure of Funds [Article]
Debt Service Fund
MCA 20-9-443: When the bonds are paid off, the money in the debt service fund may be transferred into the Building Reserve
- Cancellation of Warrants [Article]
Q: When can a school district cancel a warrant?
A: MCA 20-9-223 allows cancellation of a warrant outstanding (unredeemed) after 1
- What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofession... [Article]
What are the legal parameters for classroom instruction utilizing paraprofessionals? The administrative rule adopted by the Board of Public Education in relation to Instructional Aides/Paras
- Building Reserve Fund [Article]
Q: What is the last date to hold an election on the Building Reserve Fund?
A: Section 20-9-502, MCA
- Bonds [Article]
Q: What should a school district do about outstanding bond coupons when the bond has matured? (I.e., when some of the bondholders have not presente
- Audit Requirements [Article]
Q; Does every School have to have an audit?
A: State law says a school district that receives $ 200,000 or more in total revenues in a year has to have an audit for t
- Administrator Housing Allowance [Article]
Question: Can the district rent a dwelling for an administrator in order to be in close proximity to the school campus? If so, is the rental amount to be included in
- Bank Loans Permissible? [Article]
Question: Are school districts required to borrow funds only from the Board of Investments rather than from a bank? Answer:
- Detention Center Education & Payments [Article]
Question: Does Montana Law require an educational program for kids in regional and county youth detention centers? Who pays educational costs for students in yo
- Full Time Kindergarten (FTK) Q & A's [Article]
Below are frequently asked questions about funding Full-Time Kindergarten (FTK):
Q: I just received the official email announcing that updated FY2008 Budge
- Construction Grants and Loans [Article]
Question: Where can I find more information about grants, loans, and other financing options for school construction projects? Answer: 1.
- Where can I see the Montana teacher pay scale? [Article]
Question: Where can I see the Montana teacher pay scale? Answer: Teacher salaries are determined by
- How can school districts combine or merge? [Article]
Question: How can school districts combine or merge? Answer:
There are two ways that school districts c
- Restrictions on middle school class loads for health enhancement classes [Article]
The following is from the Montana Accreditation Manual: 10.55.713 TEACHER LOAD AND CLASS SIZE: HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH, MIDDLE SCHOOL, AND GRADES 7 AND 8 BUDGETED AT HIGH SCHOOL RATES (1) In addition...
- Required TB screening for new teaching staff [Article]
The ARM is under DPHHS rules and is as set forth below. If you have any additional questions, please let us know. Legal Division Office of Public Instruction Helena, MT 59620 406.444-4402 37.114.1010 ...
- Health enhancement curriculum content and credits/sex ed [Article]
High school graduation requires 1 unit of health enhancement, with 1/2 unit for each of two years. The program is to include age-appropriate content in physical activity, nutrition, alcohol/tobacco/dr...
- Teacher load and class size/limit for elementary teachers? [Article]
There is not a maximum number of students that can be assigned for the school day within the elementary grades. Class size is described in the Standards of Accreditation 10.55.712.
- Licensure requirements for school nurse [Article]
Nursing standards are the same for all practicing nurses in Montana, irrespective of their concentration of practice. Neither the Office of Public Instruction nor any other agency issues any type of c...
- Required Health Enhancement hours for primary grades [Article]
The answers to your questions can be found in the Montana Accreditation Standards:
Elementary schools are to provide health enhancement but ...